The Energy Sponge

Chapter 26- Sandra's Perspective-

October 29

I pried open my eyes and stared at the person in front of me. 

"Colt?" 

Colt ran over to where I was and knelt down. "Sandra, you are finally awake!" 

I was a bit confused, "What do you mean?" 

"Sandra you have been out for a week or so." 

I tried to get up, but collapsed back onto my bed. "I felt like I just had gotten beaten up and then went on a roller coaster twenty times." 

Colt helped me back on my poorly cushioned bed. "Do you remember the last thing I told you? The doctors were not supposed to inject you with the medicine they did. After that you started screaming out Cole's name and blacked out." 

I could barely remember what happened, but I knew I saw Cole.  "You should have seen it Colt, the room transformed to chaos." 

Colt's face painted a picture of worry. "Sandra the medicine they injected you with is slowly killing your wolf. The doctors, they tried to stop it. I think my father purposely did this." 

I could see a complete disappointment in Colt's eyes when he told what his father could have possibly done. That poor kid. 

"Well it's not like I need it. I mean being a furry creature and all is pretty gnarly, but I don't depend on it."  I looked up at the ceiling and noticed how many cracks were in the concrete. 

"See, Sandra, I wish that's how easy life would be, but without your wolf, you can never become a mate to Cole."   Colt's eyes were filled with sincerity like I have known him for forever. 

"So what do I do just sit here and feel helpless and weak." I felt like a princess who needed her prince charming to come and save her. 

"Pretty much." Colt's freckled face began to turn toward the door. "I will come and check on you, but I have to go before father finds out that I am friends with an enemy." 

I watched as my only friend here walked out of the door to my cell. Now to just sit here. . . 

Stupid Energy Sponge.

------------------------------------------------

Cole's Perspective

"Cole? Cole?" I fell to the floor feeling dizzy.  Geo and his father rushed over to me as we were having a meeting. 

I felt my energy being sucked out of my body. "It's her wolf." I breathed out the three words knowing that the two people in the room would understand. 

This was the boost that got me to her. She was thinking of me. "Sandra's in the northern woods." 

Richie pulled out a notepad and started writing information down. "What else?" 

"She is in a cell, they injected her with a poison that is killing her wolf." I looked up at Geo. "She'll die without her wolf." 

Richie left the room already on his phone now knowing where the pack was. "Yes, can you get us transportation?" 

"Geo, she is really weak. The Northern pack must be really antsy." I pulled myself in a chair to regain my energy. 

"We'll find her Cole, it's now just a matter of how to get there." I have never seen my best friend so serious before, but just like everyone else, we were ready to fight. 

"Okay, thanks for trying." Richie hung up his phone and sighed. "We will be travelling by wolf." 

"When?" Geo and I glanced at each other in a surprised look, knowing that we were going to do a sneak attack.