A Childhood

Chapter 25- Cole's Perspective-

October 16

I crumpled to the floor and grabbed the wall. My heart felt like it was cracking in a million pieces. An uncontrolled tear slipped down my cheek as I felt the emotional pain. My breaths were cut short and my head spun. I tightened my hand into a fist and took a deep breath to release the pain. 

"I will come for you Sandra." I picked myself up from the floor and threw a book across the room. 

The book hit the wall and fell open, why won't Sandra show me where she is? Does she not want me? 

I couldn't control my rage because I only had fifteen days until the full moon. I picked up another book, but someone entered my room. 

"Son, you musn't use your energy for bad. Sandra will show herself before the full moon." My mother came and sat on her bed. 

"Mother how do you stay so calm in a situation like this?" I began to pace. 

"Cole, sit down. You have to let her come to you." I stopped pacing and turned to my mother. 

I looked at how stressed she was with bags under her eyes and her hair thrown up in a pony tail. Every time I looked at her face I could see a part of her missing, a part that should have been father. Every time I saw her I realized that I would never put my mate through that, having a part of you heart taken forever. Only if mother could love again. 

The werewolf code strictly states that when mated, either person can never fall in love with another person again. Mother will never feel a heart of true love again because of Colt's family. 

I walked mother out of my room and opened her bedroom door. "Get some rest mother." 

I pulled the door shut and silently walked down the grand staircase of the house. 

"Does she love you?" I turned around to face Chelsey. 

Chelsey was sitting on the counter eating spoon fulls of cookie dough like the two of us did as children. 

"I should be mad at you Chelsey, but I never could muster up enough courage to hate you." I pulled a chair up so I could sit and put my feet on the counter. 

Chelsey handed me a spoon, "So does she?" 

I studied the cookie dough, "I used to think so, but now I don't know." 

"Do you love her?" I looked up from my spoon to see the girl I always knew and loved, the sensitive Chelsey. 

"Yes. Well I mean I have to, she is my mate." I ate the cookie dough off the spoon. 

"Cole, there is a difference in just loving 'cause you have to and loving because you want to." Chelsey hopped off the counter and motioned for me to sit on the floor with her. 

The two of us sat there in silence looking up at the glowing moon from the kitchen window. 

"Do you remember when your father would let us sleep under the stars at night and we would get a telescope and study the entire sky until we passed out from exhaustion?" 

I chuckled and looked at Chelsey. "Those were some of the best days." 

The two of us locked eyes with each other and Chelsey scooted closer to me. She layed her neck on my shoulder. "What ever happened to those days?" 

"Loosing the pack's best Alpha, growing up." I looked up at the moon again and started to make out the stars. 

All I could hear was the deep breath's of Chelsey and mine. I shut all the lights out so all that was noticeable was the moon shining in on the two of us. My head leaned back against the cabinet and Chelsey leaned on my chest. 

"Cole?"

"Hmm?" The two of us were nearly asleep. 

In the faintest whisper I heard Chelsey make out, "I have always loved you." 

I closed my eyes never letting the words sink in, "Yea I have too." 

-----------------------------------------------------------

Sandra's Perspective 

October 17

I woke up with revenge for the mustache man. Before I started anything I needed weapons. 

Colt interrupted my thoughts when he walked through the door. "Someone looks like they are up to something." 

I laughed, "So are we doing anything with weapons today?"

Colt looked at me funny because he thought I would be miserable from yesterday. "Actually I have no idea." 

I frowned and stood. "Let's go find out." 

The two of us walked further than usual causing me to sweat. "New room Colt?" 

He didn't respond. I walked into the room and was told to sit on a chair. Two men walked in the room and pulled a needle out of their bag. 

"Oh, I do NOT do needles!" I began to stand up. 

"Sandra sit down before you hurt yourself." Colt walked over to me. He pulled up a chair from the table in the bare room and sat down next to me. "Hold my hand." 

"Colt is this poison of some kind?" I squeezed Colt's hand. 

"You know I would tell you if I knew. Please just pretend you are in a care free world for the moment." 

I could feel Colt's hand tense when the needle got closer. I really couldn't tell if he knew what was in it or not. One of the men injected the needle into my arm and my head began to spin. I loosened my grip on Colt until my hand completely went numb. The white walls around me spun into a million different colors until the walls went from sterile to messy. Messy? The walls were full of scratches and chips and writing was all over them. 

Was I drugged? 

I heard a voice and turned to see Cole with his arms open. "Oh Via why would you ever leave me?" 

I ran to him ,but couldn't grab onto his warmth. He was a blur, a cloud? 

"Cole, don't leave me again." I kept trying to hug air.

Hallucinations? 

My body could not handle the pressure and collapsed on the floor. I saw Cole in a room with Chelsey, the two of them sleeping, lying on each other. Was this a hallucination? I closed my eyes until the world was silent and could make out the three people in the room, but was alarmed by all the images flashing in my head that I felt my eyes lids fall heavy and heard someone calling my name. 

"Sandra, Sandra, they injected you with the wrong thing. Can you hear me? San. . . . ."

A care free world. . . . . . . . .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hola! Chelsey is playing a little more importance in the chapters. Stay tuned to find out about Cole and Chelsey and if either one really meant to say what they did. 

Also, stay tuned to find out about Sandra. A little plot change there.....

Have a nice week! 

Miss Sarah :p