Worst Job Ever (not)

Chapter Eleven:-Cole's Perspective-

The bell finished its screeching and I noticed Geo, reminding me of the job I now had to do. An ice cream man.  I trudged to my locker, trying to avoid selling ice cream as much as possible. Why did I allow G to make me do this? 

I reached my locker and grabbed my needed things for homework. Slam. I looked down to see if I could catch Sandra before I left. Huh? She wasn't there. 

I just ignored the fact I couldn't see my mate today and veered to the right to find Geo. 

"Hey man, ready for work?" Geo was oddly ecstatic about this whole event. 

"Let's just get this over with." I opened the school doors to exit. 

"Wo, wait up." Geo grabbed my arm, to catch up with me. 

------------------------------------------------------

I drove into a parking lot with a sign stating, "for workers only" and parked. I shut the AC off and stepped into the humidity. Geo and I stepped into the shop and walked up to the manager. 

"Hello, we are here for the ice cream man job." I stated, rather dryly. 

"Oh yes, here are your keys and here is your route sheet. Have fun and smile, well not to creepily, kids get weirded out about the whole 'stranger thing.' "

I took the laminated sheet and the keys and walked out to the back of the building to get the truck.

"Let's do this thing!" Geo hopped into the truck and I started the engine.

I pulled into a neighborhood close to my house's and stopped.

"What the hay man?" Geo pouted.

"I seriously need to do something about the annoying music. I will kill myself if I hear another nursery song." I got out of my seat and looked for some place to change the music.

Five minutes later: "I found it!" I found the input to change the song.

A special fact about me is that I am actually pretty good with tech stuff. I hooked up a chord to the radio and the input for the music coming out of the truck.  I turned on 103.5 and blasted the music loud enough for everyone to hear. 

"Hell yea man!" Geo was bobbing his head to the song playing. 

The two of us were singing along to I Need Your Love by Ellie Goulding and Calvin Harris. 

"I need your love, I need your time, when everything's wrong, you make it rise, I feel so high, I come alive, I need to be free with you tonight, I need your love." 

This job wasn't half bad after all. I slowed when I saw kids in a group on a corner. Geo went to the back of the truck and opened the window up. 

"Hello kiddies, what would you like?" 

Their order seemed endless, but Geo got it done with a smile and the kids loved him. He came to the front of the truck and I went to the next stop. 

"Okay your turn to serve the children." Geo told me when we stopped. 

I sighed and went to the back of the truck to open up the window.

"Hi kids, what would you like?" I smiled my amazing smile. 

A small girl in pigtails burst out crying. "Mommy, mommy, he is going to steal me. He is going to steal me!" 

I frowned as I watched her mother rush over to the child. Geo burst out laughing. "What are you going to do to my daughter?"