The Full Moon

Chapter 28: -Sandra's perspective-

October 31

I narrowed my eyes at the room in front of me and finally realized where I was. Oh yea, locked in another room. I stood up and stretched until I hit the window in the room. The blinds were tore open and the morning's light flooded the dark space behind me. I opened the window to see if the fresh air would somehow 'magically' fix me.

Sleep gave my body some energy, but I still felt like a rotting potato, disgusting and nothing was left of me. I felt the cold winter air freeze my face and I breathed in the feeling of my lungs filling up with ice. A shiver went down my spine and I moped over to the leather chair behind the mahogany desk. I fell into its comfort and pulled my knees to my chest feeling the wind take up the entire room.

My dream last night caught up to me when I started thinking about Cole. My dream seemed so real, I felt like I was sitting next to Cole's warm body. I grabbed my knees tighter when I noticed that Cole was not in the room.

A crowd of people gathered outside the hall and began to converse in their daily discourse. My door burst open and shut and I nearly fell out of my chair.

"Sandra I must make this quick!" Colt came away from the door and lowered his voice. "Cole crossed the border last night, they are attacking tonight."

My jaw fell open in surprise. "He's here?" I stood up, but my legs crumbled to the floor.

"Sandra are you okay?" Colt picked me up and placed back into the over-sized chair.

Tears slipped down my face and I looked up at Colt.

"Tears of joy?" Colt's eyebrows furrowed.

A smile rose on my face and I began to laugh, "tears of joy." I was so excited that he was going to find me. I can actually smile about something.

Colt walked over to the window and started to shut it. "Sandra are you sure you are okay?"

"Yes, now that I know Cole is coming." Colt turned around from the window and his head sagged. He began to walk to the door. He touched the doorknob and turned around.

"In case I don't see you again, make good decisions and enjoy your life as a mate." His hand roughly turned the doorknob and Colt's body left the room.

I was still smiling because of Cole's arrival. At least I could make myself somewhat presentable. I took my hair out of whatever it was in and brushed it with my fingers. I looked in the glare of the window to see how badly I looked.

"Who the hell is that?" I noticed that my face was white and that I lost a lot of weight. I no longer had my soft brown hair, but stringy hair that had been washed in a sink for who knows how long. My eyes no longer twinkled their blue beauty, but created a dull, angry appearance. How did Colt stay friends with me after this? Dark circles swallowed up my normally cheerful attitude and I sighed.

"Only a botox and lots of makeup can help me now." I walked over to the door to see if I could see what was going on.

From a smidgen of space in the curtain I was able to make out another Alpha in the building. I tuned my ears in on the conversation.

"Thank you for joining us Western pack." My eyes widened.

My mind began to reach out to Cole. "Cole if you can hear me, the Western pack is here. Cole Dammit, I swear."

I felt stupid for talking to my mind, but what can you do when you're trapped in a room and nothing can be done? I kept listening in on the conversation and examined that they were talking about battle plans. "Cole do you hear this?" I was talking to my mind again.