Escape

Chapter 21-Sandra's Perspective-

October 5

I woke from the most uncomfortable position and began to feel that all my limbs were tied up. Oh yea. Reality smacked me in the face when I realized where I was. I squinted through the bright light and noticed that I was in a room that sounded like a zoo. Multiple rows of chairs were set up in rows and some other people were on a stage standing with paper in their hands. People were yelling over top of people, others were standing from their chairs. 

"Can someone tell me what is going on?" I quietly said these words still getting my voice from sounding less hoarse. 

After repeating the same sentence a little louder two other times, with  the entire 'zoo' ignoring me I mildly raged in frustration. "What in the hell is going on here? This is not how to run a courthouse!" I shouted this statement causing the entire room to close their mouths and look towards me. 

Awkward.

"Oh, hello Ms. Sandra." The person talking began to laugh at my previous comment. 

"I would just like to know why I am strapped to a chair in the front of a mad house." 

A man that had black eyes and a pretty sweet mustache turned to face me. "It seems as if you are our guest for the next. . . well I don't know how long, but we could consider getting you a new spot in our "mad house."  His deep laugh sent chills down my spine. 

Two men untied me and I quickly stood up just so no one could do anything to me. "That is better. Now can you explain to me why i was kidnapped from my own school and taken to well. . .what is here?"  

"We have captured you because you can help us just like your parents." A yellow smirk appeared across the old man's face. 

My mind instantaneously remembered the treasure hunt and the treasure. Oh the treasure!  Everything made sense, the rushed font on the letter stating where my real parents were. They were taken. 

"What. . . what powers do I possibly have that you want?" I started to feel my face turning pale, knowing I would be locked here for a long time. 

"Darlin' " The old man with the mustache stepped forward and felt my face.  I sensed an electrical current running down my spine and I clearly saw an image of my parents strapped in a room and another image of Cole freaking out because I never came back. 

"That power." The man's voice broke my thoughts. 

"Sir, that is called day-dreaming, no powers there." I didn't realize I had powers. 

"See, every time you 'day-dream' your feelings can also be felt by your mate. You are special because only you and your mother have this gift. Therefore, if we make it seem like you are in pain your mate can easily find you and we will be able to rule the world's strongest pack." The man's eyes filled with a brightness like when a little kid talks about getting puppies or such. "Your mate happens to be more powerful than you think he just controls his rage." 

"Have you been stalking Cole and I." I wasn't processing everything, what else did he stalk about me. . .umm yea. 

"I did not stalk you my son observed from a far distance." I still didn't get it because that was a comforting way of saying "I stalked you."

A boy my age walked out onto the stage with his freckles gleaming in the bright light. Everything hit me, "Oh I get it now, so you killed Cole's father to try to rule his pack to basically control the entire werewolf empire, but ended up failing because my mother's 'day-dreaming' did not work so out of anger you kept my parents because nothing was working out the way you seemed."  

The mustache guy looked over to his son. "I cannot believe you liked her." 

Ha! Colt actually liked me, well he had a weird way of showing it. "What is that supposed to mean, I am slow." 

Colt started to laugh and walked over to me grabbing my arm. "Time for a family reunion." 

After  arguing and fighting with Colt her finally let my arm go. "So I never knew you actually liked me." 

Colt stopped and faced me, "Yea I did now shut-up."

We walked in silence for about a meter, but then I began again. "Are you mad that you have never found your mate?"

Those chocolate brown eyes turned to look at me. "Honestly, yes. I was jealous that Cole got such a beautiful mate. I mean I really didn't want to scare you on the night at the school sleep over, but my father told me that I had to find out if you were his mate. I had to do something to see if Cole would come to your rescue." 

Colt's face tensed up again when he heard rustling and grabbed my arm. For some reason I allowed him to grab my arm because I now knew that he really didn't like doing it and that he needed to feel some security. My face was flushed from what Colt said and I would have never guessed that he was his father's slave. The two of us walked to a room and Colt unlocked it. 

I looked at Colt and his sincere face and he whispered something in my ear, "Thanks for understanding." 

I slowly walked into the room as Colt locked up the door, there in front of me was a male and female who looked a lot older than when I saw them for the last time at age four. "Mom, dad?" 

The two of them turned to me and their blue eyes had both the look of happiness, joy, and look of a cry for help. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello my fellow readers, 

For those who wanted to know what was on the letter, well you just found out. Thanks for reading, I hope you like mildly intense chapters because that will be coming. 

Please, vote, follow, and if you really want to take a big step, comment; I really like to here the public's opinion about my chapters. 

Thanks again, 

Sarah