9. PICNIC BASKET (edited)

Cindy's POV

Two weeks later

It was early afternoon and almost lunch time, when I quickly packed my stuff and I was ready to leave. I took the picnic basket along with some fruits, juice and bread that was in the basket. I was on my way to Mr. Felix's office as I thought that I needed to do something special for him.

Why are you doing this for him, what if he had already brought his own lunch? I asked myself, but I also knew that Mr. Felix had not taken any lunch with him to work. He was a busy man and often he forgot to eat his lunch.

For the past two weeks, I had become fond of Mr. Felix, treating him like a boss and less like a slave master. I had seen the better side of him rather than the monster I had first seen when I walked into this house, cuffed to the burglar bars like a thief.

I could not help but to think that a handsome man such as Mr. Felix was friends with Mr. Kyle and worse, why he was not married.

Handsome? Where had that word come from? I would rather say that he is averagely cute. The thought of thinking of Mr. Felix as cute made me laugh aloud. I was alone so no one would hear my weird laugh or condemn me for it.

Back in the village my mother told me that a young woman should never laugh like that, she said that men tended to run away from woman like that. When I tried to argue, she would tell that I should be quiet; women 'should be seen and not heard'. I hated that I was told that, as though I was inferior.

Thinking of my mother made me sad. I wondered how she was faring with me running away and how uncle might have reacted to my running away from home. I picked up the food basket and exited the house, I locked the house and placed the piece of paper that had Mr. Felix's office address written on it into my pocket.

Felix POV

I ran my fingers through my hair for zenith time for the day. Being the boss, I faced the toughest cases to deal with. I looked at the stacks of file's laying on my desk that had not been touched yet. I looked at my watch, seeing that it was already two in the afternoon and I had not had lunch yet. I quietly sighed knowing that I was going to have to miss lunch yet again. Missing lunch had become my normal routine and I hated that.

I tried concentrating on the files and I pulled out one of the files, it was of some major millionaires trying to bail out on child support. I rolled my eyes in frustration, because on my desk were evidence of three DNA test that proved that the man indeed was the father.

He is a millionaire for crying aloud; why not just pay the darn money? I thought to myself, thinking why such a rich man would opt for wasting money in a courtroom where he could have simply settled the child's mother.

I was about to take another batch of file's when, the office phone rang and I answered it immediately.

"What is it this time?" I asked my personal assistant. My words laced with irritation as my day had already began on the wrong foot.

"Well sir there's a woman here to see—" she tried explaining but I cut her off.

"I thought I made myself clear when I told you that, under no circumstance are you to call me about anything unless the building is on fire" I warned her.

"Well I'm sorry sir; it's just that she said she was as your house help" My personal assistant replied, hearing her say that made my heart leap with joy, a reaction that I could not even explain.

"What's her name?" I asked

"Sir she said her name is Precious, precious Manuel" She answered.

All of a sudden, butterflies started to dance all around in my stomach, and happiness was evident in my smile. I felt like a complete idiot, laughing in my office all by myself.