14.HIS LADY (edited)

Felix's POV

I arrived home angrier than I was on the road, Kyle had ruined my day and slamming my door behind me was evidence of how angry I was. I walked to my living room and I knocked into Cindy.

"I'm so sorry sir I didn't—" Cindy apologized to me but I knew it was my fault rather than hers. I was mad at Kyle but I had unknowingly brought my frustration home with me.

"It's okay Cindy I'm fine" I told her, hoping this would ease her worry. My eyes caught hers and I just stared into her brown eyes.

You are so beautiful. I thought to myself but I could not voice it out to her, although I wish I could.

I ran my hand along her fine jaw line until she quickly moved her face away from me and I quickly removed my hand away from her face.

"Mr. Martini you're back so early?" Cindy asked me, totally neglecting that fact that I had just touched her not so long ago.

"Please Cindy, I've told you times without number to stop calling me Mr. Martini. It makes me feel very old, sort of like my father. Yes, I am home early, I had far more pressing matters to attend to"

One of those matters is you Cindy I thought to myself as I observed her quietly.

"Sir" Cindy called out to me causing me to snap out of my day dreaming, something I've been doing quite a lot since Cindy had arrived.

"You were saying?" I asked Cindy, a little bit embarrassed that she caught me at my most vulnerable.

"I was asking if you wanted any of those sandwiches I made for lunch?" She repeated her question.

"Oh yes. I would like that; I hope that I am not inconveniencing you in any way?" I asked Cindy, the last thing I wanted was to add more load to her work.

"Oh no sir, I was actually on my way to your office" Cindy informed me causing me to raise an eyebrow.

"Why were you coming to my office?"

"You are always so busy with work that you often forget to eat your lunch. Therefore I thought of bringing you lunch today" She informed me and that brought a smile on my face.

"You're so thoughtful, I really appreciate it Cindy" I thanked her, when in reality all I wanted to do was hold her in my arms.

"Well of course I'm supposed to do it, I work for you remember?" That alone sent a stabbing pain in my chest. She wanted to bring me sandwiches, not because she wanted to but because she felt, obligated to do so.

"Um—so I'll go and prepare the table" She informed me and I nodded my head in agreement.

"Sure Cindy, go ahead"

I watched her walk away and into the kitchen, whilst I ran upstairs to change. When I was done, I stepped into the dining room and sat on the dinning chair. I watched as Cindy poured me a glass of mango juice and she placed a plate of chicken sandwich with mayo on the table.

She then took her plate and began making her way out of the dining room.

"Cindy, where are you headed to?" I asked her; surprised that she was not eating with me at the table.

"I'm going up to my room, to eat sir" She answered me innocently, with a sweet and irresistible smile on her face.

"No" I answered her.

"No?"

"Cindy you're eating with me. I will not let you eat alone in your room and I will not sit here and entertain myself.