12. NEW LOOK (edited)

Cindy's POV

I sat on the couch watching an amazing movie, which I enjoyed very much, the door creaked and I jumped up, scared out of my mind. I jumped up from the couch and ran to the door, only to see that it was Mr. Felix and he looked right into my eyes.

"Good afternoon sir, you're quite early today" I told him. I walked up to Mr. Felix; I helped him remove his blazer and took his suitcase for him. I watched as Mr. Felix walked over to the living room, threw himself onto the couch like some raggedy doll. I felt bad for him although he loved his job; it took a lot from him.

I walked behind him until I too was now in the living room, standing right beside the couch where he laid.

"Yes Cindy, it's been a rather tiring day for me" Mr. Felix replied to me, still resting on the couch.

"Can I perhaps bring you something to eat on?"

He turned his head to face me and just smiled at me, making my legs weaken for a moment or two. Just looking into his eyes had a way of making me feel strange.

"No, just water will do" I walked all the way to the kitchen and took a breather. I could not help it that my boss was super sexy and I super liked that about him.

Unlike other men, Mr. Felix was different. When he walked into a room, he did not need to be seen but his presence was felt. I filled the glass with water and as I turned around and knocked into Mr. Felix, spilling cold water all over his shirt.

"I, I am so sorry I will—" I tried to apologize to him but Mr. Felix was already getting to clean his shirt with his hands.

"It's okay Cindy" Mr. Felix interrupted me and waved it away.

He took the piece of cloth and began drying the water from his shirt. I quickly took the cloth from him and began damping the cloth on his shirt. He gripped my hand and looked at me in the eyes. In a split second something flashed across his eyes, he pitied me and I have seen that look before.

"Cindy please do not do this, I beg of you" Mr. Felix begged me and I had to admit that it did not sit well with me.

"But sir" I tried arguing but there was no hope, he was not having it.

"But nothing Cindy and don't call me sir. I told you my name is Felix" Mr. Felix warned me.

Mr. Felix let go of my hand, took the cloth away from me and placed it on the kitchen table. He walked out of the kitchen and left me all alone. I could not understand him or his reaction. I continued cleaning the house whilst still pondering over that flash in his eyes.

I decided not to mind it much, when I was done I put on the TV and watched some early afternoon comedy. Watching TV had become my hobby and that I did not mind.

Felix's POV

I felt bad about the earlier event that happened between Cindy and me. Deep within myself, I knew it was not my fault, but for some reason I still felt bad that I had not acted like a lawyer but I acted like a fool.

The way Cindy had come to my aid had hurt me. Deep down I knew that she should have hated me, I might not have been the one to traffic here but I was responsible from keeping her away from home. I never thought that I would ever feel remorse for Cindy but here I was, feeling something for her.

Get a hold of yourself Felix; you both are from different worlds. Face it you cannot be together.

I thought to myself. I sat in my room for about an hour or so and I had made up my mind to tell Cindy that I felt something for her.

I silently paced up and down my room, rehearsing what I was going to say to her as soon as I went downstairs to speak to her.

"Cindy I know that this is strange but I have feelings for you. Shit Felix!" I could not believe how foolish I was acting, how one girl could turn my head around in a matter of months.

I quickly ran down the stairs to speak to Cindy, only to find her sitting comfortably on the couch, watching TV. I sat on the steps, silently watching her do this. I was so drown to her beauty that everything simply disappeared and all that was left was Cindy.

Cindy turned her head as though sensing my presence and she jumped up from the couch.

"Is there anything you need sir?" Cindy asked me. That was exactly what I was afraid of, she had become like a robot, jumping to my every need without question.

Yeah, your body

I thought to myself but quickly banished the thought as soon as it entered my mind. I stood up from the steps and began making my way down the steps, until I halted in front of her. Cindy's head faced the floor, not daring to look into my face.

"Cindy, look at me" I ordered her, slowly but surely, she raised her head and her eyes met mine. Marvelous! Beauty such as Cindy's was to be banned from this world, for it could bring many men into temptation.

I could not understand it myself. I am a fully qualified attorney who could have any beauty I wanted but instead I am falling for my housekeeper. Cindy was simple and she did not need many of the things that many women needed. I felt my erection press at my pants. I had to think of a way to get out of my predicament and I had to do it fast.

"Where do you shop?" I asked her after not coming up with anything better to ask her.

"Well, at the grocery shop down at the—" Cindy tried to explain but I interrupted her.

"I don't mean where do you shop for food, I meant where do you buy your clothes?" I asked her. I had a serious expression on my face, knowing that i could not allow Cindy know how I really felt for her.

"Well there's a drift shop—"

After mentioning drift shop, every word that followed as after that was a blur to me. I took one more look at her and her cloths looked like rags. It hit me that Cindy did not look like any of the workers who worked for me in my office; instead, she looked like some beggar off the streets of New York City.

I knew that I had to do something quick; someone like Cindy did not deserve this kind of treatment. I knew that she meant more to me than just a housekeeper; Cindy was my lifeline and the person who kept me from losing my mind after a busy day at work