31.WEDDING DAY PART 2 (Edited)

Felix's POV

I stood at the altar with the priest, and I could not control my nerves. Everyone looked at me, thinking that I had it all together, but if Cindy could have seen me now, she would have seen through me, as she always did.

The song began to play, and everyone turned their heads to the entrance of the chapel. Kyle walked in paired with Sharon, who did not look too happy. They were followed by Breyela and Jim, and they all shared their perspectives. Then there was the final showpiece.

The song continued, and then she appeared. I watched Cindy in her white ballgown dress, sparkling with those beautiful crystals. The dress hugged her figure, but it was Cindy's facial beauty that attracted me to her. The smile on her face made me realize that this was meant to be.

It touched my heart that walking down the aisle with her was my father, smiling at me. They walked down the aisle, and my dad handed her to me.

"Thank you, dad."

"Anything for my boy," My father told men, and he tapped his shoulder.

"Who is it that gives this woman away?" The priest asked my father, and he turned to the priest and smiled.

"Her soon-to-be father-in-law," He replied, and that made me happy that he accepted Cindy into the family.

"And who is it that gives this man away?"

My mother stood from her chair in the front seat and walked towards the priest.

"I, his mother"

Both my parents went and took a seat in the front row of the church. I took Cindy's hand, and we both faced one another.

The look in her eyes brought me joy; she was happy. These past months have been all that has been going through my head. Would I make her happy? For a lawyer like myself who knew nothing else other than being confident in front of my clients, employees, and judges. I now found that being very confident had just disappeared into thin air by just looking at Cindy.

"Dearly beloved, we have all gathered here to join—"

That was it. The priest's voice blurred, and the guests suddenly did not exist anymore because the one I needed more than anything stood in front of me. Her smile below radiated and filled the room.

"You may now read your vows, Mr. Martini."

Finally, I heard the priest say that I was so thankful that it was all about to end and I could finally have Cindy to myself.

There is still the reception, Felix. My brain quickly reminded me of that, and honestly, that was a total buzz kill.

"Mr. Martini?"

''Yes, father, I'll get to it; her beauty just caught me off guard." The guests all shared a laugh.

"I have decided that I will speak from the heart. I hope you do not mind. I could start by saying that your lips are sweet and your eyes are brown, and they simply hypnotize me, drawing me to my knees. I could speak about your temper when I am not taking care of myself or how you take charge when the walls around us are collapsing.

I could talk about our journey, which might have seemed long but was actually short. I am a lawyer, and I am straight to the point, but honey, you have captured my mouth, leaving me to struggle with my words a bit. A simple 'I love you' may seem cliché, but Cindy I love you, even if the world does not see it. Just place your head on my chest, and you'll truly see that my heart beats, but it only beats for you."

Every word that I had uttered was true. Tears flowed down from my eyes, and I could not control them. Someone tapped me from behind, and as I turned around, it was my mother handing me a tissue. I thanked her, and she went and sat next to my father.

I continued to speak, looking only at Cindy.

"Dear Cindy I could stand here all day speaking about my love for you, but I'm afraid one day would simply not be enough to express my love for you. Many people here do not know us like they should. The real you and the real me do not know how you feel in my arms or how you rescued me from solitude.

I would just like to say that, Cindy, you are the air that I breathe; when I am without you, a part of me loses itself. And when I'm with you, I know where I truly belong: with you and in your embrace."

Cindy's POV

I stared into Felix's eyes, and I knew that he meant every word that came out of his mouth. My heart beat faster and faster until a warm but loving feeling filled it.

"Ms. Cindy Have you written any vows?" The priest asked me

"No, but I'll speak from the heart as well," I told the priest, then I turned my attention back to Felix.

"As you wish," The priest responded.

"I've traveled on bumpy roads, on probably dangerous terrain, and over the sea looking for opportunities, but never would I have thought that I'd find you.

I do not always say this, but you have completed me. You have mended every hole in my heart and broken down my walls. I promise to be the best wife I can be. If we are weak, then we will hold each other up and be each other's strength.

No one here knows our story, but we know our story, and it has gotten us this far. I love you with all my being. I love you, my Felix; my heart beats only for you".

Tears poured out of my eyes like waterfalls, but I could not contain them. Felix grabbed some tissues and handed them to me to wipe my years away.

"Now if anyone here thinks or has reason to believe that these two should not be together, you may now speak or forever hold your peace."

There was silence in the room. It was so quiet that you could hear a pin drop onto the floor, but nobody stood up—not even Sharon stood up from her seat.

Felix and I then placed our wedding bands on each other's fingers. It was finally done; I was officially a married woman.

"I now pronounce you Mr. And Mrs. Martini. Felix, you may now kiss the bride. The kiss was out of this world. We kissed until we could not breathe anymore, and the crowd cheered for us.

We walked down the aisle, and I knew that I was meant for Felix and that he was meant for me. We fit perfectly together, indeed.