13. WHO'S SHE? (edited)

Cindy's POV

I woke up from my bed after having yet another nightmare. The sun shorn through my windows therefore I hurried up to make Mr. Felix his breakfast. I took a shower and within no time, I headed downstairs to prepare Mr. Felix's breakfast.

I boiled his water, for his coffee but I stopped as an envelope caught my eye. The envelope had my name written on it; I took it and pulled out the letter.

Dear Cindy

I apologize for not staying for breakfast as I was called into the office for some important meeting, do not bother with making me lunch, as I will be grabbing myself something to eat later

F. Martini.

To say I was disappointed would have been an understatement. I decided to focus on my chores rather than thinking about Mr. Felix. Not long after I began my chores, there was a knock on the door. I ran to the door and unlocked it, only to find a young man standing there and smiling at me.

"Good morning sir, how may I help you?" I asked him. The man smiled down at me and looked through a few pages he had with him.

"I'm looking for a Mrs. Precious Manuel" he asked me and I had no idea who it was that he was that he was looking for, then it suddenly came to me ,that Precious Manuel was my new identity.

"Oh. I'm sorry that's me!" I answered, hoping that the young man had not noticed my little slipup. The man in the uniform then took out a pen from his pocket and handed it to me.

"Here you go madam, sign here and here" He pointed for me to sign and I honestly did not know what I was signing for.

"Excuse me but what exactly am I signing for?"

"Well these are delivered from the GUCCI store and you brought it yesterday, I presume" he answered. I knew I had not brought anything at such an expensive store but then I remembered that Mr. Felix had taken me to the store to buy some cloths for his friend.

"Yes I did. I'll help you bring it in" I offered but the young man refused my help and took the bags filled with different items into the house. I watched how the young man took turns from the van and into the house and he did it with so much care. It only hit me now that Mr. Felix had actually brought many cloths for his lady friend. After the man was done, he kindly smiled at me. He walked out the door and before he made his way further, he turned to face me.

"Excuse me, I don't meant to pry but do you work here?" he asked me in the sweetest voice possible.

"Yes, yes I work for Mr. Felix"

The young man who might have been in his mid-twenties, whose name was Rosh approached me and for a while we began speaking to each other. I asked him a few questions and he did the same. I answered his question but being aware not to give too much away, again I was not who I said I was.

"So Precious, I was wondering if you could perhaps give me your number. You know, just so that I could contact you and maybe set up a day whenever you have off days or so" Heat ran through my face and I was lost for words.

Oops. I do not have a phone. I reminded myself and this was proving to be a serious problem for me.

"I don't actually own a mobile phone - it broke but I'll be getting one soon".

"Okay. I will give you my number then, I hope you don't mind though" Rosh asked me and I must admit I blushed a bit.

"Okay, sure"

Rosh wrote his number down on a piece of paper, he handed it to me. I watched him get into his vehicle and then he drove away. I watched as the car drove away from the house. I still could not believe that I finally had a friend and his name was Rosh.

Long after Rosh was gone, I still found myself laughing at the thought of actually having a new friend.

Felix's POV

I could not explain my need to get home early. For long, I have been living all by myself and not once did I feel the need for companion but now I had Cindy.

Driving down the high way, I found myself in traffic that did not help with my frustration. Whilst I was stuck in traffic, my phone rung. It was Kyle on the phone again.

"Hi Kyle" I answered the phone through gritted teeth, trying my best not disclose of my anger.

"Wow you finally answered your phone. How are you my friend?" Kyle greeted me and he actually sounded happy and full of life.

"Kyle is it possible for you to get to the point, because I'm stuck in traffic right now" There was silence on Kyle's end of the phone.

Please let him end the call, please end the call. I begged Kyle inwardly.

"Wait Felix, did you say traffic?" Kyle asked me and truly, I was in no mood to answer him.

Yep. That was too good to be true.

"Yes Kyle I am in traffic" I answered him, not really sounding thrilled to have this discussion with Kyle.

"Wow! You leaving work so early, it's like three in the afternoon" I gritted my teeth once more, not interested in what he was about to say, knowing really what he wanted.

"Kyle, please, not now okay. What is it that you really want from me?" I begged him as he was only infuriating me with his meaningless conversation. I heard Kyle breath heavily on the other end of the phone.

"Felix I really need your help, I'm sinking in deeper and deeper and I can't seem to get myself out of this sink whole"

"Kyle, I can't help you at all. The board of directors—"

"Fuck the board of directors' man, you're the damn boss!" Kyle yelled at me through the phone. His reaction shocked me, Kyle had never yelled at me before. The cars behind me honked their horns, urging me to move my car forward.

"Kyle, traffic is moving along and I'm not keen on talking on the phone whilst driving" I informed him. I was in no mood to exchange words with him.

"Oh I see. Your mom invited me to her dinner party" Kyle informed me but I sensed his urge to change the subject and I went along with it.

"Of course my mom would invite you and why wouldn't she?"

"So who's your date for tomorrow night?"

Cindy. I thought about it but there was no way that I would have told Kyle about it.

"I'm not quite sure yet, I might even come alone" I lied to Kyle, hoping that he would not ask more questions from me.

"Okay. So I'll be at your house at about seven in the afternoon to fetch her" Kyle informed me causing me to raise an eyebrow.

"Kyle, why would you come to my house and who are you planning on fetching?" I asked him, my hands still on the steering wheel.

"That slave of yours— Ah Cindy! That's her name" Kyle told me. The muscles in my body stiffened the blood in my veins boiled and my grip of my steering wheel tightened.

"That won't be possible; Cindy has a lot of chores to keep her busy" I told him as I tried to keep my anger hidden from my voice. I heard Kyle laugh aloud from the other end of the phone.

"I'm just kidding with you my friend. Did you seriously think I'd bring a maid or servant to your mother's dinner party, what is this Cinderella?" Kyle joked but I had not found the joke funny at all. To me, Cindy was more than just a house help.

I ended the call without entertaining Kyle any further. The stunt that he had just pulled with the hope of humiliating Cindy was the last straw for him, even though he was my best friend.

Traffic had finally eased a bit; all I wanted was to head home and be close to Cindy, even if it meant just being in the very same house as her.