33. FALL (Edited)

Felix's POV

2 weeks later

I unlocked the door and carried my beautiful wife over the threshold. The smile radiating from her face made me even happier.

"Did we have to do that now, Felix?" She asked me with a bright smile on her lips.

"Of course we had to! It's good luck, and we need all the luck now that we're married." I answered with great excitement filling my voice.

I deposited my wife down in the living area, and I carried our bags upstairs. On the way back down the stairs, I froze on the steps. I saw my beautiful wife cleaning the living area of all the mess, and it broke my heart.

"Hey, what are you thinking about, dear?"

I got down from the stairs and walked up to her. I looked into her eyes, and they were the most beautiful pair of brown eyes I have ever set my eyes on. I touched her face, and it was so smooth and perfect. I ran both hands down the sides of her arms, and it was pure perfection.

Sadness gripped my heart; how could a man like me have had the opportunity to have been blessed with a magnificent woman like this?

"Hey honey... What wrong?"

"I'm sorry, Cindy."

Confusion clouded her face, but I couldn't blame her. She sees only the good in me, and that's what made me feel worse than I already did.

"I'm so sorry about everything that has happened. For the mistakes I made, the mistakes I'm making, and the mistakes that I probably will make because I'm only human,"

She touched my face with her smooth and warm hands, which made me close my eyes and only feel her every touch.

"Open your eyes."

And like a servant, I obeyed her command naturally, without thinking about it.

"Do I look mad at you? Did I say I despise you? Look, I'm not happy that I was dragged thousands of miles away from home into an unknown land. I'm not happy that I had my body thrown around and passed from man to man or that I was drugged out of my mind countless times.

But do you want to know one thing I'm happy for? I'm happy for the fact that you've heard my story, and not once did you look at me with disgust or think lowly of me."

Tears flooded her eyes, and for some reason it had the same effect on me; we were connected.

"But—"

"There's no buts, Felix! Yes, were there days when I wanted to kill you and hide your dead body somewhere? Yes!

There were days where I just wanted to run to the police and tell them everything, but I couldn't, because by then it was too late; I had already fallen in love with you. The most honest man in the world."

"No, I'm not Cindy; I falsified —"

"Name one person who has never done wrong or thought of doing wrong, and I'll show you a million who have."

I held both her hands in mine, and we fit together so perfectly.

"You know rumours have it that the honeymoon phase only lasts during the honeymoon."

"Oh, please, Felix, and you believe that nonsense. How about I bet you that our honeymoon phase will last forever and ever?"

"Is that a challenge, Mrs. Cindy Martini?"

"Oh yes, it is Mr. Felix Martini."

"How about we go upstairs, and you challenge me mentally and physically?"