19. ONLY FOR TONIGHT (edited)

This chapter contains passionate scenes andthemes of abuse, readers beware

Felix's POV

It was midnight, and yet I could not get myself to bed. The thought of sleeping sickened me, constantly making me wonder if Cindy was awake or asleep.

I did not mean to hurt her; I was simply protecting her from a bad guy, a smooth criminal.

No, you were just trying to keep Cindy all to yourself. My thoughts condemned me.

For some reason, I did not bother to fight the thoughts in my head; they were true after all. I could not believe it. What was Cindy doing to me? Making me want her, crave her body, and even worse, make me break the law for her. I felt like some James Bond character, but this time I might not take home the girl.

I could not throw my money at her because it would not work. Cindy is nothing like those socialites I used to date. There always had to be a diamond accompanied by every apology and an all-expenses-paid trip paid for after the actual apology.

I could not get my mind off her, causing the bulge in my pants to grow larger. I ran into my bathroom and quickly took a cold shower. The cold water made its way from my head down to my body, relaxing me. I got out of the shower, dried myself, wore a towel around my waist, and made my way out of my bathroom and into my room.

"My word, I'm so sorry, Mr. Felix." Like a mirage, she appeared before me. I could not believe that Cindy stood in my bedroom, her back now facing me. Was she embarrassed? I mean, it is not as though I was completely naked. except for my upper body.

''Cindy, you don't have to be embarrassed at all." I tried explaining the matter to Cindy, but she still looked away, embarrassed.

"I knocked, but you did not answer; therefore, I shouldn't have entered. I'll come back when you're done." She began making her way to exit my room, and I stopped her.

''Please, Cindy, don't leave." Please do not leave me. Not like this, wanting you so bad. Sadly, I said the much-needed part quietly.

"But sir, you're almost—"

''Naked, you mean?"

''Yes, sir, that's what I meant."

Come on, Felix, just keep your cool and leave no space for mistakes.

"So what did you want to tell me?" She turned around, trying but not succeeding in looking away from my lower abdomen.

"I came to—can I just do it later?" She asked me while stumbling over her words.

"No. I want you to tell me whatever it is right now." She could not. For what seemed like an eternity, all she did was stare at her feet.

"Cindy—"

''No, Mr. Felix."

"There you go again with that, Mr. Felix crap! Goodness, are you that naive?" I yelled at Cindy. I hated that such a smart woman like herself could not read what was written on the wall.

"I don't understand what you're trying to say," Cindy asked me.

"Of course, you don't get it; you're just a girl," I told her when the anger had finally escaped from me.

Just do it. Get rid of her; she is ruining you! I thought to myself as anger filled me, and the more I tried to rid myself of it, the worse it got.

"Cindy, just get out because you seem to be wasting my time."

"But sir—"

"Get out!" I yelled at Cindy, and I watched her walk out of my room, slowly shutting the door behind her. I sank onto my bed and ran my hands through my hair.