40. KARMA DARLING

Cindy's POV

5 days later

I stood in the hallway of the courtroom, my nerves shooting higher than the stars in the skies. I should be happy for the fact that Sharen and Kyle have a huge possibility of being found guilty, but I was also worried that Felix might be charged.

Not long my husband's lawyer showed up with a smile on his face, which I didn't get because we couldn't count out chickens before they hatched.

"Good morning Cindy "

"Hi... I mean can someone please explain to me what is going on, because everyone apparently has a clue of what's happening except me"

The lawyers smiled at me and placed his briefcase onto the chair nearby and took out a few documents and then proceeded to hand them to me.

"What is it?"

"That my dear Cindy is a confession from our dear Sharen, admitting to all the crimes that she has committed in the past few years"

I couldn't wrap my head around, I knew Sharen and she wasn't one to give up without a fight.

"Are you sure it's not a trap because Sharen... She's a snake and she's not one to go down that easy"

"Trust me this is a done deal and she had no other choice but to take the plea deal"

"She took a plea deal? why would she do that?"

"Well for one there wasn't so much evidence to put Kyle away for a long long time, but she on the other hand we could lock up for a very long time so we persuaded her to take the plea deal and rant out Kyle"

"What exactly did she do?"

The lawyer kept quiet and looked away from me. his face was emotionless but I guess that's how lawyers were anyways.

"Cindy she killed her ex-husband when he divorced her"

"Oh that's a little extreme"

"Yeah right if you think that's extreme, you'll be shocked to discover that after his death she went ahead and laundered some of his money even though she has already received a divorce settlement"

"Well she's a murderer and a thief too"

"Not just that she also confessed to almost trying to kill you...she cut the brakes on your car on your wedding day"

For a moment I stood still trying to process the information that the lawyer was presenting to me. I looked back at him and smiled. Lawyers were good at hiding how they felt. I was a lawyers wife therefore should be applying it by now.

"I know there's plenty more things that she and Kyle did, but I think its best if we go inside the courtroom and let justice take its course"

"After you Cindy"

The for first time unlocking these doors didn't make my hand, my body shiver or make me sweat. I felt strong, I had a grip that could hold onto the courtroom doors and I had fight left in me.

I looked back at the lawyer.

"I need to know one more thing"

" What is that you would like to know"

"How did you get a hold of my voice recorder, I mean I left it in Kyle's house and then he placed it in my bag... but it want mine"

"Well I came to your house of the trial and I saw you driving out, so I followed you to Kyle's house. At first I thought you were working with him but that look you had when you walked out of his house showed me that you hated Kyle with your life"