27. NEW YORKS FINEST (TABLOIDS) (Edited)

Felix's POV

The drive home back to my house was quiet, lonely almost. For some odd reason I wanted her to say something, anything. I would have gladly accepted her scolding at me or even hitting me.

I did notice my mother's pearl ring on her finger, my mother's favorite ring. To kill the silence in the car I played some radio, smooth music was what we both needed.

*********

I slowly came down the steps, already dressed for work and ready to escape from Cindy. I tipped toed and I was about to open the door when she called out to me.

"Mr. Felix your coffee is ready" I shut my eyes, thing that I could not get away from Cindy.

Damn it!

I slowly walked back into the dining room to find her fixing up the table. She was not wearing her uniform, instead she wore a pink spaghetti top, worn out skinny jeans and she was bare foot.

Damn she looks sexy even when she is bare feet.

"Trying to run away?"

"Me run, why would I?" She turned to face me with not a single sign of emotion on her face. She placed a plate of toasted bread on the table and sat opposite me.

"Cindy if this is about last night then, I'm sorry okay. I do not know what got into me, but you were upset and I just lost it. I'm sure everyone already forgot about it"

"What about your mom?"

"We'll just tell her that we broke things off"

"I don't think it's that easy Felix"

"Why would you say that?"

She threw a stack of magazines my way and it did not take long before I saw what she was on about.

Martini pops the question
Bachelor about to wed
She tamed the beast

The list of articles filled every magazine that I scanned through, I slowly placed the magazine onto the table and I sat myself at the dinner table.

"Look, it can't be that bad?"

Cindy stood up from the table and switched on the flat screen TV in the dining room. There it was, leaked footage of Cindy and myself at my mother's party.

"Look it will all go away. There is probably going to be some drama about something else or some other celebrity that will make them forget about us. Besides my family isn't making a big deal about it"

"Your mother called me this morning to ask me when the wedding is and to make matters worse she thinks I'm carrying your child!"

"My mother called?"

She sat up and down the dining room chair, running the fingers through her hair and placing her hands on her hips.

"Yes she did. She thinks that we're getting married to cover up for me being pregnant"

"Wait, you're pregnant?" I asked Cindy, shocked at the thought that she might be pregnant.

"No I'm not! Can you please focus?" I stood up from my table and walked towards her. I tried touching her shoulders and she held back, a behavior that is slowly becoming a trend to her.

"Why do you do that?"

"Why do I do what?"

"Cindy whenever I touch you, you move away from me or any other in person for that matter"

"You're just imagining things"

"No I'm not. Last night at my mom's party, I almost had to wrestle you just so that I could get a dance"