16. REASON FOR HER SMILES (edited)

Felix's POV

I rushed to my bathroom that morning; I could not believe that I had actually woken up late. The clock in my room read half past six, whereas I was supposed to have gotten up at six thirty that morning.

I could not possibly blame myself; it was all Cindy's fault. During the night, I could not manage to sleep, dreams of Cindy naked in the bathroom, on my couch and most importantly in my bed haunted me.

I got into the shower and that was exactly what I needed to calm the growing ache that Cindy had caused. I got out from the shower, only to hear my phone ring. I looked at the caller ID and it was no one other than my personal assistant, someone I was not looking forward to hearing.

"Hello, what is it?" I answered, wasting no time to find out what it was that she wanted.

"Good morning Mr. Martini, I just called to inquire about whether you would be coming to work or not?" She asked me.

"I'm actually on my way to work. Why are you asking, did my faithful employees miss me?" I cracked a light joke and heard her giggling on the other end of the phone. I knew that I was not a horrible boss but I was definitely not the type to crack jokes with my staff.

"Well I just called to inform you that Mr. Kyle is here and is demanding to see you urgently" she informed me. I felt bad for her; dealing with Kyle was not for the faint hearted and I knew that better than anyone did.

"Okay. Tell him I'm on my way" I hurriedly climbed down the steps, only to find Cindy in the kitchen, smiling down at her phone. I did not mind her having a phone but her smiling down at her phone made me feel unsettled.

"What's so funny?" I asked Cindy, she quickly jumped up and hid her phone behind her.

"Nothing sir" she answered. I was irritated that she could have the guts to lie to me but instead of letting it go, I pushed for more information from her.

"Nothing? I walk into the kitchen and my maid has no food set for me and—"

"Sir, but your food is already on the table" Cindy pointed at the dining table. I looked at the table and I saw my breakfast neatly placed onto it. I felt embarrassed that I had missed that and it was right in front of me.

"You know what, never mind I'm not even hungry anymore!" I reached for my brief case and left the house without another word, still furious and clenching my teeth, that Cindy had begun lying to me.

I had arrived at my office headquarters, angrier than I have ever remembered being and to make matters worse Kyle was there. I did not greet him, rather I signaled him to follow me and Kyle did just that. I unlocked my office door and Kyle followed behind me.

"Kyle shut the door behind you" I told him, Kyle did as I had instructed him to do and he smiled at me.

"You know I could not believe it when your personal assistant informed me that you were not at work. I mean seriously I—" I interrupted Kyle as I was in no mood for anything that he had to say. As far as I was concerned, Kyle's fate was sealed.

"Say what you're here for or get out of my office Kyle, because I'm in no mood for your crap!" I yelled at him and Kyle stared at me, stunned at my outburst but sadly, I myself was shocked at my outburst too.

Shit! Cindy what have you done to me? I questioned myself inwardly.

"Okay since you're not interested in my long and sad story, I came to ask you for—"

"How much?" I asked Kyle, knowing just what he came to my office to do. Kyle stared at me, confused. Unfortunately, for Kyle, I was slowly losing my patience with her.