Chapter 39

Cindy's POV

I quickly got out my car and I felt my skin boiling as walked up to Kyle's house, I didn't care how I was going to do it but I was going to get my husband out of that hell hole before he was sentenced, tomorrow.

I knew the odds were against him and nothing that he or his lawyer said was going to convince him otherwise.

I didn't knock on the door but rather I banged that door so hard that I nearly felt the bolts move out of place and to my surprise Sharen unlocked the door.

"Oh if it isn't the sweet and darling Cindy, what are you doing here"

I was so angry because I knew what she was doing, she was planning my husband's demise with her lover Kyle. I didn't answer her rather I pushed her out of the way and made my way to Kyle's living. Sharen screaming behind me didn't scare me at all.

Kyle was sitting on his sofa with a glass of whisky in his hands and he didn't look surprised to see me at all.

"Oh Cindy what do I owe this--"

"Shut up, just shut up Kyle! how much do you want?"

"I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about my dear"

"Kyle I know you want money from my husband you've always been jealous of his success!"

"Cindy this isn't about money any longer I'm going to ruin your husband right before your eyes"

"But why! what has my poor husband ever done to you?"

He quickly stood up from the sofa and bent to place his glass of whisky down on the table. He talked up to me and I looked up at him.

"This isn't about money anymore this about revenge. Do you know how much it sucked to live behind his shadow every single time. he was always better than me in sports, business and even with garbage like you he transformed. now leave my house"

I swallowed the bile in my throat and I began to walk out and that's when I realized that I needed to get something.

"before I leave I need to get something"

"If you mean you want to get the voice recorder that you left at my house, I suggest you forget about that because I've deleted everything"

He took the recorder and put it into my bag and the whole time I didn't take my eyes off of him.

I stood in the same spot and I couldn't even move, the last chance I had to save my husband I totally blew it away and now he was going to spend the rest of his life in prison.

"You bastard! He loved you like a brother and you betrayed him... hoe could you do this to Felix?"

Sharen pulled me from the back and dragged me out of the house whilst I yelled and kicked and cried my lungs out. On my way home whilst driving I couldn't help myself but to cry.

My vision kept blurring and I couldn't stop the tears from crying because I knew that it was over.

***

I couldn't remember a time where I was this tired and suffered from a lack of motivation. The courtroom began to fill up and I knew that they knew that my husband was doomed ... we all felt it and everyone did too.

My husband came into the courtroom and as soon as I saw him I began to cry my eyes out, he looked at me and mouthed it's going to be okay'. That broke my heart even more because I knew it wasn't , maybe I wasn't as strong as he was.