10. NIGHTMARES (edited)

Cindy's POV

"Where am I, where am I?"

I screamed aloud hoping that someone might help me. I remembered nothing but the truck and saying goodbye to my friend — then it was dark, no light for me to see. I heard the lock turn and I stood up from the small crammed room that had nothing in it but the cold concrete floor.

A tall white man appeared from the door, he was muscular and very well built and he was hairy and unshaven. His clothes looked like rags and when he smiled; his teeth were yellow, as though it had not been brushed in years.

"Well, well, look what we've got here?" He clasped both his hands together, made his way towards me and I moved back, way from him. Another loud laugh escaped from him.

"You're a tough one I see. I'm not going to beg you so I'm just going to take what I want from you"

I watched as the man began unbuckling his belt with a wide grin on his face. For every step he took, I crawled back another until he pulled my leg and dragged my body towards him.

"Let me go, let me go!" I yelled, hoping that he would let go of me but he had not.

*****

"Let me go, let me go!" I screamed as loud as I could, but I could feel the man undressing me. I screamed on and on until I felt someone shaking my body, urging me to wake up.

"Cindy, wake up!" I opened my eyes and everything looked blurry, but I realized it was probably due to all the tears that clouded my eyes.

"Hey Cindy, it's me Felix okay. I am here for you. Don't cry it was just a nightmare" Felix held his arms tight around me as he reassured me. I cried on his shoulders and large volumes of sweat released from my forehead. I tried to speak to Felix, but the words could not leave my mouth. Felix lifted my head from his shoulders and held it so that I was facing him and looking into his eyes.

"Cindy what happened, what did you see?" he asked me but I could not put it into simpler words for him, everything was too traumatic for me.

"I—I, he was there. He wanted to hurt me and he said he was going to— to take it away if I—" Felix again placed my head on his shoulder and patted my back.

"It's okay; you don't have to explain anything to me. Wait here I'll go and get you something to drink" I watched Felix as he got off from my bed and out of my room he went. I could not believe that my boss was comforting me as if he cared.

What if Mr. Felix does care for you? I allowed my thoughts to wonder in that direction, but I quickly dismissed it. I looked at the clock on the wall and I sat there in disbelief, it was now three in the morning. I quickly stood up from my bed, walked towards my bathroom and I looked at myself in the mirror. I could not believe it was I. I looked tired and my face looked as though I had come back from a long day at the pools, just swimming my life away.

I quickly filled my hands with water and splashed it on my face.

Felix's POV

I walked down the steps, so angry that I had not realized that I was clenching my fist. I clearly remembered sleeping and dreaming about the picnic with Cindy the day before. I felt angry with myself, whilst I was having peaceful dreams she was fighting demons that attacked and took away all her sweet dreams.

I walk inside the kitchen and switched on the light, but I stared at the empty kitchen in silence.

"Dammit!" Out of rage, I punched the wall, leaving a dent in it. I was mad at a lots of things, I was mad that I wasn't there to help her, I was mad that I could not chase her nightmares away and worst of all I was mad that she had that scary look on her face.

"Damn you Kyle! If I ever lay my hands on you, I will kill you. For Cindy's sake I'll kill you" I promised myself. I felt like a mad man pacing up and down the kitchen and worst of all I was speaking to myself.

Everything in the kitchen irritated me. The fact that she did the dishes and cleaned my house and to top it off she even makes me lunch, because she is concerned about my well-being.

I quickly remembered that I left Cindy upstairs all alone in her room. I grabbed a glass from the kitchen cupboard and filled it with water. I got into her room, her bed was empty and she was nowhere in sight. Panic surged into me and I almost dropped the glass onto the floor.

"Cindy's, where are you?" I called out to her.

"I'm in here!" Cindy replied to me, I felt a sudden surge of relief as I heard Cindy's voice from the other end of her bathroom door. Not long Cindy appeared and for a second, my eyes now glued to what she was wearing. She had on a thin silky nightgown that did not even reach her knees, my body felt weak but I concealed it.

"Take this and drink it" I offered her the glass of water and she took the glass from my hand and drank it. I watched her take each gulp and everything about it felt so sexy. I watched as a few drops of water dripped from her mouth towards her cleavage.

Whether I wanted to admit it or not, my erection had bulged a little bit and the need for her arose.

Do not dare think of it Felix!

A part of me felt bad that, I secretly sexually desired Cindy. Who knows what this man in her nightmares had done to her to make her so terrified even in reality.

Cindy was done drinking her glass of water and she placed it on the table besides her bed.

"Thank you Mr. Felix, but you didn't necessarily have to do this for me because—"

"Don't go there I beg you. In fact I honestly feel that I should be doing this" I warned her, Cindy had been kind to me for the past month and it was not up to me to do the same for her.

"But Mr. Felix it's just a nightmare and I feel guilty that you had to miss out on sleep because of me"

I smiled at how considerate she was, although she was the one who needed help rather she focused on the few hours of sleep that I missed. I crossed my arms across my chest and smiled down at her.

"Yeah, coming from a girl that forgets to eat lunch just so that she could get her boss something to eat, just because he was stupid enough to forget to eat" I joked, tying to lighten the mood a bit and Cindy laughed at it. It was crazy how the two of us connected; we simply just got one another

With Cindy it was not like with my parents, I faked happiness with or like with Kyle it was laughing at his perverted jokes, with Cindy it was pure joy and happiness.

"Do you have a spare blanket here somewhere?" I asked her.

"Sure Mr. Felix, I'll look for it right now" She walked towards her cupboard and out of it she pulled out a blanket.

"Thank you Cindy. Goodnight"

She stared at me in confusion, because I took my place at her couch.

"But Mr. Felix, why are you sleeping on my couch?" She asked me and I smiled at her.

"Well you seem to be having really bad nightmares, so I might as well sleep inside your room on this couch. Just in case your nightmares decide to show its face"

"But Mr.—"

"No but's Cindy and can you please stop calling me Mr. Felix, I thought that we had already established the fact that you are to call me Felix" Cindy quickly looked down at the floor with embarrassment.

"I'm sorry. I guess old habits really die hard" I smiled at her and she raised her head and our eyes met. Something in me felt like the earth had stood still and time along it.

"Goodnight Cindy and sleep well"

I turned away from her and I got onto the couch. I saw her climb onto her bed and slept. It was better this way but what was worse was that, I was in the same room as her, hearing her inhale and exhale peacefully.

For tonight and if willing I was her guard. I shut my eyes and tried to sleep but deep down I knew that tonight, all my dreams would be taken over by her, my Cindy.