Chapter II: No Reply

The sound of loud sirens from outside the window woke you from your deep slumber. When you ever so slightly lifted your head, you could feel the sticky blood that matted your hair to your head and could see that it had leaked through your blanket and sheets. You simply placed your head back down onto the pool of blood, for your head was throbbing in pain and your eye sight was still blurred. He out did himself this time, you didn't usually feel the agony after you had woken up.

The sirens from before got louder as if they were right outside the apartments. They never faded, they stopped right there. You kept your eyes closed, not really caring who had gotten in trouble this time. You had no idea whether it was night or day time. You had no idea what day or date it even was. All you knew was that as soon as Yaag had left for work, you were going to clean yourself up and eat some food. You were so damn hungry...

You heard the front door to the apartment slam and it got your attention. Was he finally gone? Once you heard the yelling of several different people in aggression, you knew he hadn't gone to work. You didn't recognize those voices. You could hear the sound of people through radios and them talking back. You started to get nervous. Who was inside your house?

The door to your room was slammed opened, making you curl into a tighter ball as you hid your face with fear. This wasn't your father. These people wasn't anyone you knew. You felt the blankets being ripped off of you and a gasp was heard from a young man.

"Get her a blanket to cover herself with!" You heard him order. The blanket was placed to your shoulders to cover you up.

You felt the bed dip inward when he sat down, placing his hand on your shoulder for assurance. However you squirmed away, not wanting to be touched.

"That's alright..." You heard him whisper softly. "It'll be okay now, {Y/N}. You're safe now. He can't hurt you anymore."

You lifted your head from hiding and moved it just enough so you could look at him. He was a police officer, a young man with black hair that seemed spiked in the back. He had a warm and gentle smile when you saw him. You sniffed before hiding your face again, afraid of him. Sixteen years of age and you still acted like a child.

"We'll take you far from here. And you'll be safe."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

He took you to his own home. Zack Fair was his name. He was one of the nicest people you've ever met. He lived with his wife, Aerith Fair and his two sons, Sora and Vanitas. Sora was such an outgoing and happy kid. He often tried to bother you with questions, but he was always told to leave you alone until you felt better. You never talked to any of them, watching them carry about their lives was intriguing to you. How did normal people live? How did happy people communicate with each other? How did a normal family function?

Everything was complicated to you. They had a T.V. that they gave you permission to use when you were alone. But how do you use it? How did it work? Yaag never let you use such a thing. It was strange. Everything was strange.

You sat on the couch, staring at the blank screen. Zack and Aerith were at work, while the boys were at school. You knew they would be home soon, for the clock above the T.V. read three. You stared intently, hoping they would be late. You wanted quiet. The noise sometimes hurt your head.

Nope. The front door flew opened, and inside came Sora; bubbly and smiling like usual. With a straight face you watched him skip into the room and plop himself beside you.

"Hi {Y/N!}" He said cheerfully. "Do you wanna watch T.V? You never turned it on."

Vanitas growled with annoyance as he shut the door. "Sora, mom and dad said not to annoy her." He snapped as he trudged over to you and Sora. "Leave her alone."