Chapter XX: Carnival

By the time you had gotten back to the house, the boys were finally awake. Sora was wide awake and making himself food, but once you looked to Vanitas he was lazily laying on the couch with a pillow over his head as the tv blared loudly. When you opened the door, Vanitas tore the pillow from his head to see who had entered the house. When he noticed it was you, he instantly sat up and looked at the time.

"{Y/N} its the afternoon where the hell have you been..." Vanitas stared at you. "Dad just said you were out."

You shrugged and went to sit down in the kitchen. "I wanted to invite everyone over..."

Sora gleamed. "Ohh another party? I thought we were going to the carnival?"

You shook your head. "Everyone can't afford to go, so Zack said we could stay here and have fun."

"Fine by me." Vanitas laid back down on the couch and covered his head once again. "When is everyone stopping by? I'm not ready."

You glanced at his plaid dark green pajama pants and black t-shirt, seeing he was still in his pajamas and his hair was messy and unorganized. "Four." You told him.

"Wake me up at three."

You rolled your eyes but you couldn't help and smile as the dark haired boy was curled up on the couch snoozing away. You got up and turned off the tv as Sora was sitting down at the kitchen table with food in front of him.

"Come eat {Y/N}." Sora said sternly.

You shook your head. "Kairi already fed me it's okay."

Sora gave you a look of disbelief. "So if I called her right now, she'd agree?" When you nodded, he stared at you for a bit longer. "If you say so. I'm asking her when she comes over!"

You shrugged and turned away from him. "I'll be in my room."

"Oh dad said there was something he left for you in there." Sora called out as you were making your way up the stairs. You didn't stop or show signs that you acknowledged him, but you did hear him as you entered your room to see an envelope and a note laying on your desk.

You read what the note said first before opening up the envelope.

There's money in the envelope for you and your friends to go to the carnival. I'm sorry Aerith and I had to go into work all the sudden and we can't be there to surprise your friends with you, but I'm sure you can manage. You're a very sweet girl wanting to do this for your friends. Have a good time sweetheart! Love you!

You couldn't help but smile to yourself as you put the note down and looked into the envelope. Zack was so kind to you and it made you ecstatic that he was going out of his way to make you happy. He was such a good father and a good foster to you, you appreciated him and Aerith a lot. It made you a little jealous that Vanitas and Sora got to grow up with such amazing parents and you were stuck with the psychopaths.

As you put the money and letter down you heard someone coming up the stairs. You quickly shoved everything in a drawer and slammed it shut as Vanitas poked his head in your room, his hair all over the place and also in his face. He looked either extremely tired or high.

"Whatcha doing?" He asked.

"Thought you were sleeping." You said as you stared at him.

Vanitas narrowed his eyes and entered your room. He placed his hand over his mouth and yawned. "I heard you slam something shut. What are you hiding?"

You shook your head. "Nothing!" You exclaimed, crossing your arms and turning away.

Vanitas gave you a disapproving look before he walked over to your desk. You bit your bottom lip nervously, you really wanted the carnival to be a surprise. To your surprise he grabbed your arms and rolled your sleeves up, staring intensely at your arms. You got hot with embarrassment as he let out a thoughtful hum.