Chapter XXII: Condemn

You didn't know how to think or how to react. You felt so betrayed and hurt even if Vanitas didn't know anything about you or your father. It was such a grotesque situation, and you being the frail and sensitive girl you were, how were you suppose to react to that? Someone you trust buying drugs from your horrible father?

You heard people running after you from a few feet away. However you never looked back. If you were caught again, then that's your fate. You just needed to get away from everyone for even a short amount of time to sort out your thoughts. You knew they were getting closer by the second, since you were practically limping blindly into the woods. You only looked back for a second to see who was following you, but of course you ended up tripping over something and falling right down. You flipped onto your back and cried for all you could see was a shadow bending over and scooping you up in their arms swiftly before they continued their run.

"{Y/N} it's okay. It's just me." Noctis cooed. He only glanced at you for a short time before focusing back on what was in front of him. "Vanitas is safe and behind us, but just focus on me okay? I'm going to get you to a safe place."

You buried your face into his chest and let him carry you away from all the bad people and things that were more than likely behind you. It was like being on one of the roller coasters at the carnival. You were jerked back and forth, going up and down hills, once in a while there was angry screams distantly echoing behind you. Despite the situation, you tried to imagine it as a simple roller coaster. You were with friends, you were just back on the roller coaster having a good time and being happy...

You felt Noctis stop in his tracks and lift his leg to kick a door. You lifted your head and even in the night you recognized the house to be Riku's. Why did Noctis bring you here? It didn't take long for the door to open and Riku's older brothers were waiting there... Yazoo and Kadaj had baseball bats, while Loz was empty handed.

"Is he still behind you?" Kadaj asked with a snicker.

Noctis turned around and you saw Vanitas running across the street with the two angry men behind him, both seem furious and they just wouldn't stop.

Loz cracked his neck. "Haven't done this in a while, have we brothers?"

Yazoo chuckled. "Come on." He urged as he went around Noctis with such eagerness while his two brothers followed.

Riku appeared from the house and took you from Noctis' arms. Noctis nodded his thanks to your friend before he turned and ran towards the other three boys who were standing their guard at the base of the house. Vanitas ran past them and stood besides Riku, panting heavily.

"Shit I'm so glad I have college kids as friends." Vanitas coughed as he hunched over and rested his hands on his knees. "I'm exhausted."

Riku held you closer to him as your father and his friend stopped in the middle of the road when they saw the four college boys protecting you. "Let's be grateful they're visiting. Call your dad, quickly. Mine isn't home right now."

Vanitas snatched Riku's phone from his pocket and dialed his fathers number once again while you heard the harsh comments coming from just a few feet away. You turned to look just as Kadaj was taking a step forward while holding the baseball bat so the tip was pointing in your fathers direction.

"Listen, we're just here for a good time." Kadaj said with a laugh. "My brothers and I know how to fight, so I advise you back away before we kick your asses."

Loz stood beside Kadaj and began to stretch his arms, getting ready to use them. "Come any closer and see what happens."

Yaag rolled his eyes and he whipped the knife that he used on you earlier. "I'm not here to play games with stupid children. I'm here for one thing and one thing only; my daughter. I don't know what that stupid boy told you-" He turned to glare at Noctis. "But she's MY daughter and I want her back!"