Chapter XXVIII: Disconcernment

You simply stared at the woman who was staring at you as well. Denzel continued to growl and he ran over to stand by your side. He could sense the fear and concern radiating off of you like heatwaves. Sora sat down on your other side, keeping an arm in front of you as if Jihl was going to lunge out and attack you.

She didn't seem surprised by everyone's reaction. She closed her eyes and bowed her head a bit, pushing her glasses onto her nose. "I understand everyone's concern, but I am not like my ex-husband. He never acted like that or did anything like that to my daughter when I was there. If I knew he would do such things, I would have never left her alone with him."

"Since when did you care?" Vanitas snapped at her right before he was hushed by his mother.

Jihl held up a hand towards Aerith, motioning for her to stop. "It's quite alright." She said. "You see, I've always worked with Tifa in this adoption and foster agency. Part of my job is to make sure the children are put into appropriate homes and that they're safe and happy. I saw {Y/N} in the files, but I was hesitant to say anything for she was with a family I didn't know well. When Tifa came to work saying she adopted my daughter, I just couldn't help but finally come to see her, since she was with someone I was familiar with. I apologize for this being so sudden."

Noctis seemed to be getting annoyed as he spoke up. "You saw her. Now please kindly leave my house."

Jihl turned towards the boy. "I'm the one who put you into this house, have more respect."

You were getting anxious. You could sense a fight coming on and the thought was making your breath fall short as you stared at the floor. 

Noctis shot her a glare. "Yeah, it's my house. So what I say goes."

Cloud intervened. "Alright, this isn't going as well as it should be. We're all adults, we can talk about this."

Tifa frowned. "I didn't expect it to go like this."

You shook your head and decided that you had enough. You sprung to your feet and slipped past the boys and dashed down the stairs. Then you threw open the front door and sprinted outside. You weren't really sure where you were going. You just knew you had to get out of there. You turned to get off the street the house was on and you took a minute to take in your surroundings. You realized the house was pretty close to:

Axel:

You decided that the Strife's house was close to Axel's household, and his sense of humor would cheer you up. Before anyone could catch up to you, you dashed to Axel's house and knocked on the door rapidly. When he answered, you ducked underneath his arm since he was so tall and you entered the house. He closed the door and turned to you.

"Angel are you okay?"

You panted and shook your head. "No..."

He took your hand and led you up the stairs before his sisters knew what was going on. He took you to his room and let you inside, closing and locking the door behind him as you went over and sat on his bed. It was black with red flames, the walls were dark red along with his wardrobe and even his closet door. He had various posters scattered on his walls and clothes on the floor.

He sat down beside you and placed his arm over your shoulders. "Wanna tell me what happened?"

"My...Mother." You whispered. "She came by."

Axel realized you were shivering since you ran outside in the house without a jacket or shoes. He went to his closet and pulled out an extra blanket. "Your mother?" He asked.

As he came back and draped the blanket around your shivering body, you continued. "She works with Tifa. She came by today and her and Noctis started arguing and..." You drifted off and stopped as you began to get anxious again.