Chapter X: Argument

It wasn't quite time to meet up yet, so Vanitas pulled out his phone and texted his brother to join you guys in the food court while you found a table to sit down and wait. Vanitas plopped himself beside you while Kairi and Namine sat across. The only boy sitting at the table placed his arm over the top of your chair and kept glancing around. He was probably on the look out for another asshole to come and flirt.

"I know we just ate at Sora's house but we should get food." Kairi suggested as she was looking at all the different restaurants. "Make {Y/N} eat some more. Let's get the 12 taco thing at Taco Bell!"

Twelve tacos? You slightly cringed at the thought. You hoped she didn't expect you to eat all that by yourself. Your stomach was still churning from the drug you were put on just the other day, and the thought of even more food made you feel sicker. However you could not stop Kairi from jumping up and running over to Taco Bell. Namine let out a sigh when her sister ran off and she rested her chin in her hands.

"She can eat and eat and never gain weight." Namine groaned. "But she talks about you a lot, {Y/N}. She says she's worried about you. She's even eating a lot more when you're around to encourage you to eat."

Your face grew red. You were surprised Kairi cared so much. You watched her as she was talking to the cashier with a huge grin on her face. She was a very nice person and you appreciated everything she's done for you. You appreciated everyone in the group of friends. They were all supportive of you and wanted to help you considering your situation, and you've grown a lot happier because of it. You smiled at the thought as you stared at Kairi who was receiving the large box of tacos.

You suddenly felt a pair of arms wrap around your waist and you jumped with surprised. "Hey honey." Axel said with a smirk plastered onto his face.

"Fuck off." Vanitas growled.

"Don't make her uncomfortable Axel." Roxas shoved his friend playfully as the boys started to grab chairs from other tables so they too could sit down as well.

By this time Kairi was coming back with her large box in hand. She sat down and let out a sigh before opening the box. "If I would have known you boys came by so quickly I might have bought another box. After all you guys eat like pigs."

Axel had already grabbed a taco and was shoving it in his mouth with a smile. "True though." He agreed as he swallowed it and went to reach for another.

"Save some for the rest of us, jeez." Ventus groaned. "You're so fat."

Axel snapped his fingers like a sassy lady. "Excuse you guuuurllll. I work out I can eat whatever I want!" He stared right at Ventus as he shoved another taco into his mouth.

Roxas sat down beside you and grabbed two tacos from the box before he handed you one of them. You nodded your thanks as you took the wrapping off and nibbled it quietly while Ventus and Axel bickered at each other. Namine was giggling and watching them before she too grabbed a taco.

"By the way Roxas." Vanitas said, grabbing one of the few tacos left. "We saw your best friend earlier."

Roxas pointed to Axel in confusion, and Vanitas shook his head in reply. "Then who?"

"Seifer."

Roxas stiffened. "Seifer?" His voice went low when he repeated the name.

You knew who Seifer was, obviously, but why did Roxas seem on the edge about it? Did he not like Seifer? He did seem like a jerk to you anyway, but you wondered if something else happened between them to make Roxas looking paranoid.

"He even flirted with {Y/N}." Vanitas added as he calmly took a bite of the taco.

Ventus glared. "Don't provoke my brother. He doesn't need your crap right now."