Chapter XV: Science

That night while you laid in your bed, you couldn't help but stare at the ceiling. You had no thoughts in your mind, but yet you couldn't sleep. Everything was fine and happy, but you were restless. You tossed and turned in your bed, but you just couldn't get comfortable. You let out a sigh of frustrated and sat up. Your eyes lifted up towards the window, where the moonlight was flooding in by the sliver between your curtains. You crawled over to the edge of your bed and opened those curtains, taking a look outside. It was cloudy, so the stars were not visible tonight, but the full moon was. You stared at the moon for only a few seconds before deciding to leave your room and go downstairs for a glass of water.

Sneaking your way down the stairs, you made it to the bottom without waking anyone up before grabbing a small glass cup from the cabinet and using the sink to fill the glass up. You sat down at the kitchen table and rested your chin on the edge of the furniture while staring at the glass. Why couldn't you sleep? You felt this emptiness in your stomach while you started to swirl the water inside the cup and watched it settle down.

That's when you heard your stomach growl. You sat up and looked down at your stomach. That explains everything. You were just hungry. It took a few seconds to realize that you were really hungry. You sprang up from the seat and went to the fridge, grabbing any food that was quick to eat and something you didn't have to cook. Apples, grapes, sandwiches... Anything. It was a whole mess of food, but you would put anything you didn't finish back in the fridge or throw it away. You just couldn't pick one thing to make so you grabbed just about anything.

Minutes later you were scarfing down the food before you, barely chewing anything and letting it slide down your throat. You had a mouth full of food when you suddenly felt sick. You swallowed what was left in your mouth and held your stomach.

"Too much..." You whispered to yourself, realizing that you should have slowed down and picked only one thing to eat. That's when you felt that feeling as if you were going to throw up. Before you ruined the kitchen you dashed up the stairs and burst into the bathroom, letting everything you had just consumed into the toilet. You coughed and spat, regretting even trying to eat in the first place.

"{Y/N}?!"

You heard the surprised voice of Sora as he poked his head into the bathroom. He rushed to your side and placed his arms on your shoulders.

"Whoa you okay? Are you sick?"

You coughed again. "I binged." You admitted.

Sora frowned and ran to get his brother, since Vanitas could handle a situation like this better than he could. Sora came rushing back into the bathroom with Vanitas right behind him. The two boys knelt down to help you even though there wasn't much they could do.

"You binged?" Vanitas asked. When you nodded, he turned towards Sora. "Put the untouched food back please."

As Sora went to do so, Vanitas rubbed your back gently. "I'm sorry." You sputtered as you puked once more.

"Well... At least you're eating." He pointed out. "Just next time, don't eat everything that's in the fridge. One thing at a time."

You nodded your head but refused to make eye contact, for you were too embarrassed to look at him. Vanitas simply rubbed your back and head to help you as you hovered your head over the toilet and threw up.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Despite the events of last night, you decided to go to school anyway. You had an experiment to do in chemistry and you didn't want to miss it. Both Sora and Vanitas had tried to get you to stay home, but you didn't want to be home alone. So after a while of arguing, the boys gave up and you went straight to school.