Chapter VIII: Drug

It was pretty late by the time you entered the house. It seemed like no one was awake, so you snuck upstairs to go into your room. You stepped inside with your back to the room and closed the door quietly. When you turned around, you were startled by Vanitas who happened to be laying on your bed as he scrolled through his phone. He didn't flinch or move when you entered, his eyes were glued on the electronic device.

"So how was it?" Vanitas asked.

You shrugged your shoulders as you kicked your shoes off before sitting on the edge of your own bed. You tugged on his leg to indicate you wanted him to either leave or close his eyes so you could change. Vanitas responded by taking your pillow and covering his face with it. You rolled your eyes but quickly changed into your pajamas before you tugged on him again.

"I'm not moving." Vanitas said with a yawn. "I'm gonna sleep here tonight. Hope that's okay."

You gave him a look, but didn't say anything as you climbed into bed and had your back turned towards him. When you finally got comfortable you felt an arm wrap around your waist and pull you close to Vanitas' body. You didn't argue or say anything (as usual) but you simply let him hold you as you drifted off into a deep sleep. Tomorrow was the weekend, and you didn't have to worry about getting up for school.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

There she was, as perfect as ever. Her elegant face shined brightly when the sun hit her fair skin. Her luscious light brown hair blew with the wind as her radiant smile was shining in your direction. You were happy to be with her. Little ten year old you. She got down on her knees and you ran into her arms, hugging her tightly as you buried your face into her neck, breathing in her familiar scent.

"Why did you have to go...?" You asked as your happiness faded away and was now replaced by sadness and tears. "Why did you leave me with him?"

She let out a sigh as she was stroking your head gently. "Our marriage wasn't good, {Y/N}. We never got along. I had to leave."

"Why couldn't I go with you...?"

She grabbed your shoulders and pushed you so she could look into your eyes. She pushed her glasses further onto her nose before she smiled and let out a soft chuckle. Your eyes went wide as she suddenly started laughing. She cackled loudly, throwing her head back as she shoved you to the ground which seemed to be a floor of nothing. You scrambled back in fear as you shielded your face with your arm.

"Because you were always a mistake!"

In a blink of an eye the whole white scenery changed. You were now sitting in grass which seemed to stretch endlessly onward. The sky was black and the clouds were a dark dark gray. Lightening was seen from a distance as rain poured down from above and fell right on you. Your hair stuck to your face and it became cold with the sudden burst of wind slapping you. Right in front of you was the unhappy couple; Yaag and Jihl. They were both standing side by side, staring at you with their hungry eyes. You couldn't help but cry as another lightening bolt stroked the ground behind them, the grass managing to catch on fire.

"You're the reason I killed myself." Jihl slowly began to make her way towards you, stepping slowly with one foot in front of the other. "It's your fault that I died. YOUR FAULT."

Yaag followed her footsteps and caught up with her quickly. "You're useless. You're a piece of shit. It's your fault she's dead. I wish we would have aborted you when we had the chance. We should have thrown you away."

You pressed your knees against your chest and hid your face away, letting your hair cover as much up as possible. The unhappy couple began to circle around you, both chanting simultaneously.