Chapter V: School

You were awaken by Sora excitingly jumping on the bed but just barely managing to avoid jumping on top of you. You rubbed your eyes as you opened them, watching him jump all around.

"First day of school!" He exclaimed as he jumped off the bed.

You blinked and finally realized; where was Vanitas? Wasn't he here last night? You assumed he must have gotten up earlier than you and was getting ready for school. You sat up and watched as Sora darted out of the room and slammed the door shut, obviously he had gotten what he wanted and now had no more use staying in your room. You smiled to yourself as you got out of bed and slipped on that uniform with the long sleeved white shirt before deciding to go downstairs. When you reached the bottom of the stairs you saw Vanitas in his uniform lazily snoozing on the couch with his school bag on his stomach.

You couldn't go to wake him up, for Sora was shoving a book bag in your arms. "Mom and Dad are both working right now, their schedule is weird since dad is a police officer and mom is a doctor. So it's just us all day!" He smiled and dashed to the kitchen to grab something to eat. "Hungry?" When you shook your head, he shrugged and grabbed an apple and took a huge bite out of it. "We should probably wake Vanny up, it's getting late and we should get going."

Sora threw his brothers bag off of him before sitting on top of him, lightly slapping Vanitas' face in order to wake him up. Vanitas groaned and threw Sora to the floor and sat up with a glare on his face.

"Fuck off." He snapped, getting off the couch and grabbing his bag. When he saw you, he simply nodded and slung the bag over his shoulder and held onto it by one strap. "Let's just go."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Look there she is!"
"Awe she's so cute!"
"Why is she so thin...?"
"She looks so miserable."
"Poor thing must have been through so much..."
"Her hair is so pretty though."

Everyone whispered about you as you approached the school. You weren't stupid like they assumed, you could hear every word they said. You kept your head low and tried to hide between Vanitas and Sora as they led you inside. You three were going to meet up with the rest of their friends... Well, Sora's friends. You assumed Vanitas and a few others didn't get along very well.

Right inside the school was Kairi, Namine, and Axel, who all were already there. When Kairi saw you three she smiled with excitement and waved you over rapidly.

"It's so great to see you here!" She exclaimed as she hugged you. You nervously backed away as Vanitas was instantly by your side, glaring at her. Kairi gave him a look, but didn't say anything as she backed off.

"Hey guys."

The twins walked into the school and joined the group, staying on the opposite side of the circle away from Vanitas who was still standing slightly in front of you. You peeked around his arm to watch Axel giving Roxas a noogie while Ventus laughed instead of trying to help his brother. You heard a scoff come from Vanitas before he left you with the group. You saw him walk away and was out of sight.

"Come on {Y/N} you need your schedule!" Sora nudged you before dragging you away to grab your schedule from the office.

It didn't take long for Sora to say your name to the lady up front and for her to hand over your schedule. You looked over it carefully, scared of what classes you were being forced to take this year. You were homeschooled yes but you were sure you didn't get all the education you needed to be in eleventh grade. Your worst fear was having to retreat back to ninth grade with the freshman and having to deal with more strangers. However there were only six classes on the schedule, which made you relieved. It wasn't too much.