Chapter XXI: Kidnap

You felt the happiest you've ever been in a long, long time. You and your friends continued to get on rides, but as the hours passed you and your love interested kept making eye contact with one another, but you quickly looked away since you were still embarrassed from your previous encounter with that person. Overall the whole experience and awkward eye contact wasn't too bad. It made you feel good that someone actually liked you so much.

Around midnight everyone was tired and just worn out. You all have been running around and having fun for hours now, and it was about time you had gone home. Your group left the carnival and dropped everyone off at their houses; the twins first, then Riku, then Kairi, Namine and Axel. Eventually the only people who were left was you, Sora, and Vanitas. They lived a little further away from the rest, but the walk back was nice and relaxing.

"Man that was awesome." Sora said with a yawn. "I'm just so tired. I got too excited."

You giggled. "I'm glad you enjoyed it. You should thank your parents though. It was their money."

"But your idea." Vanitas pointed out as he lifted his arms and rested the back of his head inside the palm of his hands. "So thanks."

You smiled at him, but it was cut short when you felt Vanitas sudden shove you behind him. You wanted to yell and ask what his problem was, but his hand went over your mouth to shut you up. Sora instantly fell in beside you as the three of you huddled off to the side of the sidewalk. Wondering what was going on, you stood on the tip of your toes and tried to peer over Vanitas to see what was wrong all the sudden. He had stopped dead in his tracks and kept his back turned towards you while Sora stayed close by your side.

"Ah there you are, my dear. Your friends can't hide you good enough it seems."

You gasped and you felt weak and sick in less than a second. Your eyes went wide with fear and you ended up taking a step back as your brain quickly processed what was going on.

"You're supposed to be in jail." Vanitas growled. You have never heard him so angry before.

Your father laughed. His laughter echoed through the night and it made your eyes water. Sora could tell how uncomfortable you were and he wrapped his arms around you, holding you close to him for comfort.

"Yes, suppose to be. They need better security, no?" He snapped his fingers and another man came from behind him. You realized he was the man you had a dream about a few days before, the man who was angry that you caused Yaag to go to jail. He had a baseball bat in hand and was dragging it down the sidewalk as he took a few steps in your direction. A large smirk with plastered onto his face as he menacingly stared in your direction.

"If you boys will kindly step aside, our business is not with you." The man said, lifting the top and pointing the tip in Vanitas' direction.

Sora frowned. "I thought tonight was going to be perfect..." He whispered to you.

"Fuck yourself." Vanitas snapped. "Do us all a favor and kill yourself."

Yaag once again laughed and placed his hands behind his back. "{Y/N} my dear. You love me, don't you? I'm your father. Everything I've done was for your own sake."

He was staring directly at you, which made you collapse to your knees when they began to shake. Sora was instantly down as well, keeping a tight hold of you. You were breathing heavily and you couldn't take your eyes off of him as he took a step towards you.

"I'm just taking you home. You don't belong with these people. With a former drug addicted asshole, with some child who's too naive to understand what's happening around him. You belong with me, IM your family. IM the only person you need."