Chapter XXVI: Adopted

Tifa swung the door opened and let you walk inside first. Right in front of you was a staircase that led upstairs, and beside it was another that led down the stairs. Both staircases were covered in a dark blue carpet, but the floor beneath your feet at the entrance were white tiles. Along the wall were pairs of shoes, and you assumed the family didn't like having their shoes on inside the house. You kicked off the shoes on your feet and placed them to the side with the others.

"So polite!" Tifa exclaimed, copying your actions and walking up the stairs.

To the right was the living room, having a large flat screen T.V. sitting on top of a stand, having a couch made for three people sitting across from the television. A blue recliner was sitting off to the side with a glass coffee table beside it, having some papers and mugs sitting on top. Straight ahead from the stairs was one large room where only the white kitchen counter separated the kitchen and the dining room. The table they ate at was white and straight ahead, and off to the right was the white kitchen. To the left was a hallway, which you assumed led to the bedrooms and bathrooms.

Tifa smiled and excitedly ran down the hallway. "I have a surprise for you!"

Cloud and Noctis stood behind you as you curiously watched for what surprise Tifa had. You heard a door open and the sound of pap-pap-pap as something was running towards you. You gasped with shock when a small brown and white corgi came by and jumped on your legs, barking excitedly. You were taken back by the dog and you weren't quite sure what to do, since you've never really had a dog before.

"He loves meeting new people." Noctis smiled and bent down to pet him. "His name is Denzel."

You smiled and knelt down beside Noctis, reaching out and petting the energetic pup. He licked your hand and barked, which took you by surprise and made you fall. Noctis  laughed and went to help you back to your feet. You looked away with embarrassment.

"He's friendly. Don't be afraid." Cloud assured you as he walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge. "What do you like to eat {Y/N}? We don't want to make something you don't like."

You went mute again, getting nervous to be in a new environment and having to learn to trust new people all over again. You simply shrugged, deciding not to answer him. Cloud turned away and looked through the fridge again, rummaging to try and find something simple that you enjoyed.

"Have you tried Chinese?" Tifa piped in. "Maybe we could order take out tonight?"

You turned to Noctis, hoping he would tell you what it tasted like or give you more information. Noctis patted the top of your head. "Just give her chicken and rice. She should enjoy that. Now let me show you to your new room, I hope you'll like it."

You followed the college boy down the hallway and followed him to the left. Straight ahead was a door and off to the right was another. Noctis opened the one that was right in front of you and let you enter first.

You gazed in awe as you walked inside. {The room can look any way that you want! But I'm including a bed, closet, wardrobe, and a desk. The color and such is up to you.} It seemed much more decorated than your last room, having lots of your favorite colors and designs all over, plus a very soft carpet beneath your feet.

Noctis smiled as you were looking around with wide eyes as if this was a new experience to you. You could feel his gaze resting on the back of your head, but you thought nothing of it since you were too excited to care. That's when Denzel came running in and he jumped on top of your bed, panting with this goofy look on his face. You couldn't help but giggle as you reached out to pet him, patting the top of his little fluffy head.

"You seem attached to him, and he likes you too. I mean, he likes everyone." Noctis began laughing. "If a murderer came in he would be happy to see them."