Chapter XXIII: Snow

You woke to the sound and mumbled chattering from downstairs, it wasn't loud enough for you to hear clearly but you could still hear that there were others inside the house. Noctis was still beside you in your bed, one arm wrapped around your shoulders and the one rapidly texting on his phone. When he noticed you were awake, he drew his attention away from the electronic and turned his head towards you.

"Good morning sleepy head. When you're ready there's a surprise waiting for you downstairs." You yawned and snuggled closer to the college boy instead. He laughed and patted the top of your head. "Come on now it's time to get up."

You sighed as he released you and rolled off the bed, poking you in the side to encourage you to get up as well. As you sat up to stretch you could feel Noctis' stare. You knew he was looking at your wounded body with disgust, but you tried to pay no mind as you got to your feet, putting on socks to keep your feet warm since the season was changing. As you left the room Noctis placed his arm over your shoulders to guide you down the stairs. You were still limping a bit from last night and your body still ached. It was strange to walk and you wished you could just lay down for days and simply sleep. However, as you and Noctis reached the bottom of the stairs you knew there was no time to sleep.

Not all of your friends were there (probably to give you space considering what had happened) but some had decided to come over... The ones who knew about what had happened or heard about it. You smiled when you saw them, grateful they were here to cheer you up.

"Good morning!" Ventus exclaimed as he smiled and waved at you. His twin stood beside him and both greeted you with a warm smile.

Over in the corner of the kitchen talking to Sora was Riku. When he noticed your presence he slightly frowned after he saw your body, but he forced a smile to try and cheer you up a bit.

"They wanted to check in and see how you were doing." Both Aerith and Zack were in the kitchen, sitting at the table and eating their breakfast. Aerith was smiling at you despite the fact she was so upset last night. "If it gets to be too much, let us know and we'll send them home."

You shook your head to let them know you didn't want them to leave. Yes sleep would be nice, but your friends would be better. Seeing them made you feel relieved almost immediately, and all you wanted to do was spend the day with them. You left Noctis' arms and went to sit down on the couch, where Vanitas was sitting as well. Noctis followed and sat beside you, leaving you in the middle of the two boys.

"We can watch a movie?" Roxas suggested as him and his brother walked into the living room.

"{Y/N} needs to eat." Zack stated as he sipped his coffee.

Again you shook your head. You felt sick to your stomach and preferred not to eat. However a glare from Vanitas gave you the impression that you didn't have a choice, so Aerith stood up and went to make you something. As she was doing so, the twins and Riku sat down on the floor and got comfortable while Sora asked which movie everyone wanted to watch.

"Let's watch something uplifting." Ventus suggested.

Sora picked out five different movies so everyone could have a choice in what they wanted to watch. All happened to be Disney movies, and as Roxas pointed out they were sometimes a bit corny but they were still good and made him happy. So Sora showed you which movies he picked out, and you chose the one you wanted to watch. With a satisfied nod Sora put {Insert movie choice here} before sitting besides Riku.

You were thrilled that your friends wanted to support you. When Aerith handed over your breakfast which was {Breakfast choice here}, you sat and contemplated everything as you slowly ate the food before you. You partially didn't want people to know about last night, for it was humiliating to you. However, looking around and seeing everyone downstairs because they wanted to help you made you feel a lot better. You never thought your life would turn out to wonderfully. Your friends and family here, supporting you.