Chapter XXIV: Snowball

Without your consent or any jackets that would actually fit you, Sora had forced you to go outside for a walk with him. He was really eager for you to enjoy and appreciate the snow as much as he did. He had stolen Vanitas' jacket so you could wear it since he was against accompanying you. It was slightly large on you, but it was nice and cozy so you didn't quite mind wearing it. Sora had also given you a red scarf to wrap around your neck and mouth in case you got too cold. When you took a quick look at your reflection in a mirror you were almost swallowed by the jacket and your thin legs stuck out like a sore thumb. However Sora told you it was fine and dragged you outside before you could protest.

It was maybe about half an inch of snow on the ground, and your feet sunk just a little bit as you walked down the sidewalk. The whole town was quiet for no one seemed to be willing to drive in this weather and no one was outside yet either. The snow muffled out all noises it seemed, and you couldn't help but smile to yourself at how calming it was. The only noise to be heard was Sora as he skipped along beside you and was trying to start a conversation. However you were a bit too fascinated by the falling snow to be paying attention to his rambling.

"{Y/N} aren't you listening?" Sora pouted.

You snapped back to reality and turned to him to show you were finally paying attention. "Yeah sorry. The snow is just nice."

He smiled once again. "I like how quiet the snow makes everything seem. Oh! Let's go grab Riku, Roxy and Ven. You can finally experience a snowball fight."

Once again you had no say as Sora grabbed your hand and began to lead you towards his best friends house. Riku's three brothers weren't home so for once the house seemed much more quiet than when you first went over to visit. Sora knocked on the door while you gazed around the area, looking down and smiling at how pretty the snow was. Riku answered the door and him and Sora were talking as you bent down to pick up a handful of the soft white stuff with your hands before you began to play around with it.

Sora interrupted you and told you he wanted to grab the twins and meet everyone at the park. With the pile of snow still in your hand you watched Riku go back inside to get dressed as you followed Sora to the twins' house. Both of them were very excited for the upcoming event and didn't take long to get ready.

The park was silent and nobody was outside at this time, not even parents with their children. The park looked completely different from the normal look. All the ducks were gone, the trees were dead and covered in snow. You couldn't see the green grass anymore and even the lake was frozen and white. Despite the fact all the colors were gone, you still deemed it as beautiful. It was soothing. You walked beside the pond while Sora was frantically building a snow fort before your friends could come and hit him with surprise snowballs.

Only shortly after Ven, Roxas, and Riku finally caught up. You looked closely and realized that Axel was just behind them, dressed in all white. The only reason you could tell who he was, was by his bright red hair. When the boys saw you they all smiled warmly and waved.

"Hey {Y/N}! Are you-"

Axel was hit in the face with a snowball, thrown by Sora who was hiding behind his pathetic fort. Axel glared and threw himself into the snow, quickly piling up snow to build a fort to protect himself.

"The battle begins! Pick your side!" Ventus dove for Sora's fort just before getting hit by Axel's snowball.

The other twin chose Axel's side, quickly helping the tall teen build his fort. Riku walked beside you and stood there, watching the two groups build.

"So whatever side you pick, I'll go on the opposite." He stated, looking at both groups. "Which side do you want to go on?"

Sora's team