Chapter XXVII: Decoration

You were fast asleep in your new bed the next morning. However a certain chipper dog jumped onto the bed and woke you up. You were startled but smiled when the cutie yapped and cuddled at your side.

"Denzel!" Noctis came running into the room and shook his head. "Sorry {Y/N}, I just let him in and he instantly ran to your room."

You patted the small dogs head. "It's okay." You assured him.

"But hey um... Ever been Christmas tree shopping?"

"What's that?"

He seemed taken back. "We go out and buy a Christmas tree so we can bring it home and then decorate it."

You never really remembered having Christmas trees in the past, maybe you once did but you couldn't think of a time. You got out of your bed and yawned.

"We're going?"

"If you'd like. We were going to invite the Fair's over to help decorate. So if you wanna come hurry and change into something warm!" He smiled and closed the door.

You quickly changed into warm clothes before following Noctis out to the living room. The whole family was already waiting for you and they seemed to be ready to go.

"You're going to be cold." Tifa had a purple jacket and she had gotten off the couch to hand it to you. "Wear this before we go out. Come on Cloud!"

She grabbed her husbands hand and forced him off the couch and out the door. You giggled because she reminded you of how Zack acted; he too was very outgoing and pushy. Noctis placed his hand over your waist and guided you to their car, where Cloud drove to some place you've never seen before.

You assumed they placed it only around Christmas time, for a whole load of trees were near the mall, and you knew they weren't there the last time you went (which was a while ago).

Tifa was standing at the entrance, hands on her hips. "I want a big one!" She exclaimed, walking into the gated entrance.

Cloud smiled a bit and watched his wife in a certain, romantic way it seemed. You felt happy as he jogged to keep up with her. They seemed to love each other a lot. You wished you could find someone like that someday.

Noctis took your hand and led you to follow his parents (yours now too, technically) in the back of the lot to where the big trees were. Those trees were ten feet tall, according to Noctis. He was right, you had to look up and even then it was like you couldn't reach the top. Tifa seemed to be looking at the biggest tree and she was getting excited. She continued to tug on Cloud's sleeve as she pointed out one of the largest trees in the lot.

"Mom likes the big ones because there's more to decorate," Noctis explained with a chuckle. "Problem is; she can't reach the top."

"Noct I can hear you!" Tifa snapped. "But you're right, I can't reach. That's why your father lifts me up."

You laughed at the joke but yelped with surprise when Noctis lifted you into his arms and held you up towards the top of the tree. "Maybe {Y/N} can put the star on top this time." He suggested as he spun you around.

Cloud saw your smile and smiled himself, crossing his arms and turning away. "Anything she wants to do this year, she can."

As Noctis placed you back down on the ground Tifa was playfully pouting. "Aw, but I wanted to do it." She then laughed. "Just kidding. {Y/N} can put it on this year."

You remembered doing the same thing when your mother was home, but it's been such a long time since then and you didn't remember what the big deal was. However, you decided not to ask why seeing how happy Tifa was, you didn't want to ruin it.  When you responded to her with a smile she decided on the tree and the rest of the family agreed. By that time after the tree had been tied to the roof of the car, you all went back home.