Chapter VII: Date

It was getting late for all of you had lost track of time playing board games. There were lots to clean up, but Sora insisted that everyone went home and he would force Vanitas to help clean up the mess. You started to help clean up, but you felt someone tug on your arm. When you turned around to look at them, you saw Roxas blushing slightly.

"I want to talk to you." He said. Considering no one was paying any attention, Roxas led you outside and slipped out the door without drawing attention to the two of you. You were standing just outside of the door, Roxas never released his grip on your arm.

"Look..." Roxas let out a sigh. "I think you're really cute, and I know you don't talk much and that's fine. But I just wanted to know if you've ever wanted to go on a date sometime...?"

You blinked. A date? You've never been on one before. Roxas barely even knew you but he wanted to go on a date. Wasn't that a thing couples did? You've never been in an actual relationship either so you had no idea how these things worked. But of course you weren't going to turn down something like that, for Roxas seemed to have built up a lot of courage to ask you. He seemed so cute and innocent, you just couldn't say no to his little face. When you nodded your head to answer him with a smile, Roxas' eyes grew bright with excitement.

"That's great {Y/N}. I don't know you well but I'd like to get to know you a bit. But don't force yourself to talk!" He seemed flustered as he lifted his hands. "Take your time. I want you to be comfortable."

You chuckled softly and nodded your head once again, thankful that he wasn't forcing you to talk or anything. At that moment the front door opened and Ventus stepped outside. When he saw the two of you, he started laughing to himself.

"There you guys are, we've been looking for you Roxas. We gotta go." Ventus took his brothers sleeve and dragged him away from the house. You waved to Roxas as he was dragged away, and he waved back with a huge smile on his face. Before long you ventured back inside just as Kairi and Riku were leaving. Kairi hugged you before she skipped away and Riku gave you a short nod of his head followed by a "It was nice meeting you" before leaving the house as well.

Vanitas followed them until he approached the door, then he closed it behind him and turned to face you. "Sora can finish cleaning up, I need to talk to you."

With wide eyes you followed him up the stairs. He led you into your room and closed the door. You nervously sat down on your bed and crossed your legs while staring at him. He shoved his hands in his pockets and let out a sigh before he decided to speak.

"Why did Roxas take you outside?" He asked.

You had to speak again to answer his question, in which you were extremely nervous to even open your mouth at this point. However you've spoke in front of him before, and you were more open to talking once again. You raised your hand to your mouth and covered it so Vanitas could only hear your muffled voice, then you decided to speak.

"He asked me on a date." You admitted quietly.

He stiffened, probably out of surprise. However he seemed pissed off for his soft eyes turned stone cold after you mentioned it. You didn't quite understand why he seemed angry. Was he jealous? Or was Roxas secretly a bad person and you shouldn't be associating with him? You were confused, but you didn't ask him what was wrong for Vanitas spoke before you could.

"Did you accept?" When you nodded your answer he continued. "He's not a bad kid, but I didn't know he'd ask you on something like that. That's all. He's too... Shy. But as long as it's not that fucking Ventus, I don't give a shit."

"Why do you hate Ventus so much?" You asked with your hand still covering your face.

Vanitas didn't answer your question. Instead he approached you and stood right in front of you, staring down with his intense yellow eyes. You looked up at him and covered your face even more, getting hot with embarrassment. Vanitas smirked before he grabbed both of your wrists with his hand and pushed you backwards so you were laying on the bed, and he was hovering above you. You could feel his breathe tickle your neck as he stared into your own beautiful eyes. You blushed and turned away.