Chapter 45

I'm sorry, I didn't update for so long but I was so busy with school. But I have holidays now so expect me to update so much - maybe even bring this story to an end. :)
----------------------------------------------------

Stiles enters the room quietly, closing the door behind him.
He walks up to the bed, taking a chair and sitting down.

"Hey" he whispers as he takes her hand.

She's not that cold anymore and she has her natural skin colour back.

He looks at her; she looks deeply asleep.

He wishes she would actually be asleep.
He strokes her cheek softly, tugging a strand of hair behind her ear.

He looks at the beeping machine beneath her and it remembers him how serious the situation is.

He jumps when suddenly her hand tightens around his, like a cramp.

His eyes freeze on the monitor when the beeping sound gets faster.
Very fast.
Too fast.

"Scott! Melissa!"
He screams, both immediately bursting in.

Before they can do anything the beeping gets even faster.

And suddenly it doesn't stop beeping anymore.
'Beeeeeeeeeeeeeep..."

"No no no no no! Malia!"
He cries out, jumping, cupping her face.
"Malia!" He's screaming, panicking.

The tears are starting to flow, Scott trying to drag him away when-

He opens his eyes.

Breathing heavy.
Sweating.
Tears on his face.

He sits up, running his fingers through his hair after wiping the tears away.

Another Dream. Another Nightmare.

He knows sleeping is no option anymore so he gets up, changing.

He grabs his keys and even if it's like 3 am he doesn't bother to leave.

He jumps into the jeep and drives towards the hospital.

They brought Malia in the day she fell into the coma - it's been about a month now.

At first he kept sleeping at her side, not wanting to leave her, his head laying on the bed while he half sits on the chair.

Scott always told him that Malia would want him to sleep at home and when his back started to hurt pretty bad after two weeks of staying with her 24/7 he started to sleep at home again.

Still, he's the first one by her side everyday. And the last one to leave.
The nurses already know him now, he always comes in around 4am and leaves around 11pm.

He doesn't bother about the loss of sleep - it's way more important to him to be by her side.

He has the nightmares since he started to sleep at his home again.
He's so afraid of loosing Malia.
He needs her.

He parks the jeep and walks into the hospital, knowing the exact way to her room.

He opens the door quietly, hoping to see her beautiful eyes looking at him.
Of course, they're closed and like always; she looks like she's asleep.

He checks the monitor besides her and watches how her chest rises and falls - he needs to make sure she's okay.

He leans over her, kissing her forehead softly.
"Hello sunshine." He whispers, stroking a strand of her out of her face.

He sits down on the chair besides her and grabs her hand.
Their typical position.

He looks at her.
Her beautiful brown hair, her long eyelashes, her full lips.
He has missed it so bad.
He has missed her so bad.

He cups her cheek and caresses it.

"Mal, wake up, please. I miss you so much. I need you here by my side, Mal. I need you to growl at me when you're mad. I want you to smile that cute smile you have when I do something dumb, for example... Walk against the doorframe. I love you. I love the way you are around me. I love the way you cuddle up on me when you're cold. Or the way you warm your fingers on my body or the way you always get me distracted from what I'm doing when you're literally doing nothing. How you distract me in class, when the sun reflects in your eyes and hair or when you stare at me, licking your lips and definitely trying to distract me. You're adorable. I really, really do love you. My life is nothing without you. So wake up, okay? Please."
He sighs.

It's true.
He loves her.
But does she still love him?

He strokes her hand when her fingers suddenly tighten around him.
Softly, but he can definitely feel the movement.
He looks at her face, her eyebrows are furrowed a bit and her eyelashes flutter.

"Malia?" He whispers.
"Stiles...?"

He almost cries out happily when she mumbles his name.

"Malia." He says softly, moving closer to her, caressing her cheek.

Her eyes are still closed, she seems very exhausted but she's definitely conscious.

He's so happy, some single tears of joy are rolling down his cheeks.

"What are you doing here?"
She's mumbling softly, barely able to talk but her fingers don't stop to caress his.

"I'm watching over the love of my life."
He answers truthfully.

She sighs, falling back to sleep.

He breathes out relieved.
She's back.

She's tired, of course, but she's not in danger anymore.

••••

Melissa enters the room some time after.

"Good morning, Stiles." She smiles at him.
"How is she doing?" She asks.

He looks at her, his eyes shining brightly.
"She woke up, Melissa."

Melissa's smile grows wider.
"I knew she would. She's strong. I'm so happy it was with you. I'm going to tell the others."

••••

It's a short time after lunch when Stiles enters the room, eating and carrying some food.
It's for Malia, in case she wakes up again and wants some.

He almost let's it fall when he realizes who sits on the chair besides Malia, holding her hand.

----------------------------------------------------
Hope you enjoyed this!!💘