02 - get to know each other

Millie

Mr. Cromwell talked the whole hour about the topic on our essay.

"I want you to write about yourself. I know this sounds boring, but I want you to write about your goals, your fears, your bad habits, your good habits. Everything that you've never told anyone before. I want to get to know every single one of you, so I can cooperate with you in an original way." He seemed proud of his idea.

But let's be honest, why would I tell a stranger about my fears, my goals and all the stuff I won't talk to anyone else about? He was definitely nuts.

Since I've only taken a few classes, I could go home after that one.

Mr. Cromwell dismissed us and I quickly started to pack my things in my bag, taking out the to-go cup and started to walk outside the classroom. On my way out I threw my cup in the bin and pulled my headphones out again. I walked outside the massive building and walked along the parking spots.

As I almost reached the end of the University until I felt someone grabbing me by my arm. I quickly turned around to look who disturbed me.

In front of me was that bakery guy, starring into my eyes and smiling.

I pulled my headphones out, "What's the matter?" I asked roughly.

"Sorry, I called for you but you haven't heard me." he answered. "I would've called for your name, maybe then, but I don't know what your name is, so I just shouted but you wouldn't stop, so I came after yo.."

"You are rambling." I stated. "What do you want?"

"Yea, sorry. Just wanted to ask if you need a ride home?" He looked me straight into my eyes.

"No, thanks I'm good with walking." I shot and turned around, just as I was about to put my headphones back in he said, "come on, I talked about a ride home, not about your virginity." He laughed.

"Okay, first off, what the fuck is wrong with you? I don't care if you would have asked for a pen, the answer would've been no, so kindly fuck off and get out of my face." I said with a fake smile.

"Don't be so rough on me, I just wanted to be nice." and then he winked. "But your loss, I'm good company, so I've been told."

"I'm not really missing out." I said while already walking away. I didn't turn around but I noticed him coming after me, I heard his footsteps coming closer.

"Okay Mrs. Offended, I'm sorry, that was a stupid move. I just really wanted to be nice, since you're new and I guess you have nobody here." He seemed genuine and he made the appearance that he would not back off.

"Alright, a drive home won't hurt anyone." I gave in and rolled my eyes. He shot me an triumphed smile and guided me back to his car.

He drove a black big Range Rover, I wondered how he could afford such an expensive car, but I wouldn't ask.

"I got it from my parents." He answered my unspoken question. I just nodded.

We got in the car and I gave him the direction to my apartment.

"Wait? You are not being serious. I live there too. Which floor are you on?"

This must've been a fucking nightmare. He can not be my neighbour.

"2nd." I answered shortly. "Nice, I'm on the 3rd." He said.

Not that I cared, I haven't even asked.

"Awesome." I muttered.

"Come on, I can't be that bad already?" He said sheepishly.

"Oh, if you knew how annoying you already are." I smiled at him.

"Time for a propper introduction, I'm Harry."

"Millie."

"What's the deal with the one word answers?" He laughed out loud.

Before I could answer, he pulled in the parking spots in front of our building. I got out of the car, muttered an quick "Thanks." and brushed off into the building. I took the stairs for the second floor and pulled out my keys to unlock my door.

Once I was in my apartment, I threw my bag in the corner, leaned against my door and slid down the wall.

I just noticed how much I missed my actual home. I had no one here and this fucking Harry Styles couldn't just leave me alone. I was already beyond annoyed with him.

After a few minutes I got up and walked to my couch, took the remote and turned the TV on. I zapped through the channels without really caring what to watch.

My stomach made an loud growl and I got up and walked to the kitchen. I looked through my fridge and decided on having a sandwich.

After I finished making it, I flopped back on the couch and watched some stupid show, you know, the ones with the fake laughter in the background, so everyone thought the show is really really funny, when in reality, it's not.

I took my phone out and saw one unread message from Isaac.

'Hey shithead, missing you already. How's it over there? Wish you could come back. fucking boring here without you. x'

Isaac and mine relationship was pretty good, he was one of my best friends instead of my brother. Still a few fights here and there, but nothing serious.

I quickly texted him back.

'Hey, missing you too. Everyone has this stupid fake smile on their faces and they're really annoying. Wish I could come back too, say everyone I said hello. x'

With everyone, I meant our friends. Not our parents. But he knew that. He could read me like a book.

I flicked through my Facebook, when my phone vibrated and I heard an ping.

I had an new friend request. What the..?

I clicked on it and then I let out an loud moan.

Harry Styles send you an friend request.

What was wrong with this guy? I didn't even knew him, so why bother and send me an friend request or starting to think we could be somewhat near friends?

I wanted to click on 'decline' but accidently clicked on 'accept'.

"For fuck's sake." I swore. Now I couldn't delete him, that would be more than embarassing. So I took the opportunity and stalked his Facebook a bit. He wasn't bad looking, to be quite honest. But still, he seemed like an Womanizer. He seemed like he thought too high of himself and I wouldn't support someone like that.

His Facebook wall showed nothing interesting, just a few mentions when he was out with friends or some stupid song lyrics that should probably make him look deep and poetic.

There were almost only girls liking his stuff, so I was right with my conclusion.

I couldn't give two fucks really. He was annoying and I didn't wanted anything to do with him.

There would be someone in this town, that I could get along with, but it was not Mr. Nice guy.

I heard another ping and saw that I had an message in Facebook. I clicked on it, only to see that Harry had texted me. I silently rolled my eyes and opened the message.

'Want to know a secret?'

He couldn't be fucking serious. Not even an 'hello' or and 'what's up?'. Fucking weirdo.

I didn't reply.

I stood up and took my cigarettes to go outside for a smoke on my balcony.

After a few minutes I heard someone above me opening the door.

"Nice to see you again, Millie." I heard an annoying, deep and raspy voice saying.

_________________

Hey guys, until I'm on an regular update shedule, I'm just updating whenever I feel like it.

Please please vote for this chapter and maybe leave a comment if you've liked it so far or if you have any suggestions with the story.

Loads of love x