39 - welcome home

Millie

Two hours of sleep. That's all I got.

It was 3.34am and time passed slowly, as I laid wide awake in Harry's bed, his arm secured around my waist and my body pulled tight to his. But the feeling of safeness wasn't there, like I hoped it would be. I knew what was going on a floor above me and it scared me so much.

I knew, I couldn't bare the thought of one of my new friends or Harry putting themselves in danger, because of me. I wouldn't let this happen. Elliot was crazy and I didn't wanted to push him too far. He showed his intriguing side, when he lied to Harry, which proved me more than I needed to know, that he was a fucking psychopath.

I couldn't live with the thought that one of them could get hurt. I knew it was a stupid idea, but before I knew what I was doing, I wriggled myself out of Harry's arm, a light groan escaping his mouth, but he didn't wake up, fortunately.

I looked down on him, watching his peaceful features, his chest heaving up and down slowly and heavy. His beautiful plump lips were slightly parted and there was a curl hanging into his face. One of his arms was splattered over the whole bed, due to his long limbs and his legs were curled up to his chest, making me smile lightly at the sight.

Then I turned around and quietly walked out of his room, opening the door slowly and closing it behind me again, careful not to make any noises.

My eyes widened, when I saw Gina, David and Luke sleeping on the ground and on the couch. "Fuck." I breathed out, trying to avoid stepping on one of the boys, going on my tiptoes through the living room and keeping an eye on them, looking if anyone noticed me, sneaking out of the apartment.

After a few minutes, I finally reached the door and pushing the door handle, exiting the apartment and slowly closing it behind me again.

When I finally made it, I let out a huge breath and closed my eye for a second. The floors were completely dark and I instantly felt consumed by an creepy atmosphere. Trying to shake the feeling off, I quickly made my way up the stairs and to my apartment, constantly looking behind me, if anyone followed me or noticed my disappearance.

When I stood in front of my apartment, I felt myself getting anxious and shaky, my hands trembling and having a problem to get a hold of the keys. The clinking noise of the keys, didn't make it better at all. My heart was beating rapidly and my eyes were getting watery already. I've never felt that scared.

I was scared of what was going to happen now. Would he be calm that I was back again or would he beat the fuck out of me for disappearing so long. Could I finally have a normal talk with him, explaining him why I didn't wanted him here and make him leave again. Was this all a fucking stupid idea and did I just wrote my own death letter?

But before I could decide against my idea, I put the keys in the key hole, letting out another deep breath, before turning the keys and opening the door.

But what I saw, wasn't what I expected at all.

Elliot was sitting on the floor, the couch in my living room blocking the sight on his bottom body, just his head and his shoulders could be seen.

And the scariest part, there was a smirk on his face.

He sat there, like he was already expecting me to come back. Like he sat there all day and all night, waiting for my pathetic existence to come back crawling to him and begging for his forgiveness. And the second I laid my eyes on him, I felt myself getting weak, scared and tensed.

I knew that this wasn't good at all.

"Millie." he started, his voice slow and croaking. He sounded like he cried. "Take a seat, please." he demanded, his voice low, but still terrifying.