26 - at the end of the day

Millie

I tried to reach the ice cream van before Harry and I succeeded.

"One ice cream cone with chocolate, please. As fast as you can." My mouth spoke faster than my brain could function and I knew I was gonna embarrass myself so badly, but I only had this chance to make it right.

"Here you go love." the man handed me the ice cream and I paid him. Then I slowly walked back, approaching Harry as my heart was beating at a rapid speed and my breathing got louder with every breath.

Harry smiled as he lazily approached me.
If he only knew. But before I could think this whole thing through, I already spoke.

"Harry, I have to tell you something." I nervously spoke and I instantly saw worry reflecting in his eyes. "This is not easy for me and I'm definitely going to make a fool
out of myself. But just remember, I'm doing this for you." I trembled, my whole body was shaking as I slowly got on one knee.

This must've looked so stupid, but now there was no going back.

"Millie.." he started, a slight smirk on his face but I stopped him, telling him to shut up by holding my hand in the air. I already saw some people watching us, smiling and walking towards Harry and me.

"Don't say anything. This is already hard enough." I nervously laughed. "Okay. You and me, we had a rough start. My attitude was the worst and I was nothing but rude to you." I started, looking up to him and he looking down at me, still grinning widely and chuckling, trying to hold his laughter. "But you stood by me. You helped me and you never left my side. You were there when I needed you and I'm so happy that my fate took a turn like this, making out of a horrible situation, something great like this." We already had a crowd around us. It must've been an great picture, me kneeling in front of Harry, holding up the ice cream cone as it would be a bouquet of flowers and Harry towering over me, laughing.

"Meeting you, was by far the best thing I could've ever wished for. You make me completely happy and I'm finally feeling save in your arms. I always thought home would be a place, little did I know that home would be a mop of curly hair," laughter began coming from the crowd, "a long tall frame and tattoos painted over a body." the ice cream started dripping down the cone and the crowd was getting bigger by minute, carefully listening to me.

"I now know what home feels like and I never want to miss this again. You are everything I never knew I wanted and still here I am, falling so hard for you that I don't care about the crash at the end. You changed me for good, showed me that there was light in every dark situation, showing me that trusting someone can bring happiness to yourself." I loudly spoke, Harry's laughing died down as he got the seriousness of this situation and his eyes spoke nothing but love and awe.

"You are the most loving, handsome and kindest guy I've ever met and I will never understand how such a messed up person like me, deserves someone perfect as you." I took a deep breath, the chocolate now all over my hands and the crowd was taking photos. They all looked so happy for us and found that scenario so romantic, which made me feel so good about my decision.

"Why I'm doing this is, first of all, you deserve something like this. Me getting on my knees and showing you how much you've affected me. And second of all, because I want to make this special." I slowly got up, standing in front of him and looking deeply into his lovingly green eyes.

"Harry Styles, will you be my boyfriend?" I asked and everyone around us started cheering and clapping as Harry's smile grew so big, it almost reached his ears as he let out a quiet laugh and rubbed his face.

"FUCKING YES." he yelled and the crowds cheering got louder. Harry took the ice cram cone from me, threw it on the ground and slung his arms around my waist lifting me from the ground. I instantly slung my legs around his torso.