10 - putting on a show

Harry

We walked downstairs to my car and jumped in, then I started the engine and we drove through Holmes Chapel.

"Seriously Harry, am I allowed to do anything? Like get her fucking pissed and stuff?" She asked excitedly, she was actually jumping around in her seat and grinning.
I laughed at her, "yes, I love getting her pissed."
"I don't even know why, but I'm so excited." She chuckled.

I smiled to myself. I really liked when she was like that.
Happy, smiling and talkactive.

After 15 minutes of driving, we reached the richer area of Holmes Chapel.
Every house could at least hide 30 people in there.
It was ridiculois, because no one actually needed that space, it was just showing off how much money you had.

"You lived here?" She asked shocked.
"Yes. I hated it." I gritted.
"Why? I bet every fucking house has it's own swimming pool." Her eyes were wide open as she looked through the window and examined the buildings.
"You know, it's great if you want to be prolly and arrogant. But I'm not. Everyone here has their perfect little lives and their perfect gardens with perfect manners.
But it's just not who I am, I always loved being a little.. different and I just didn't fit in this place here.
I always felt left out." I explained and noticed she watched me carefully and nodded.

"I actually understand that. I wouldn't fit here either." She said.

"Ok, we're here." I killed the engine, pulled the keys and looked at her.
"Ready?" She asked with a smirk.
"Fuck yes, let's do this." I shot back, smirking too.

We left the car and walked to the the front door.
I rang the bell and we waited. My parents never actually gave me a key, in case I would lose it everyone could rob us.

The door swung open and my mother stood in front of us.
First she was smiling, with her perfect caked face, the straight brown hair, she hadn't changed that in years and her perfect manicured finger nails. She wore a tight long dark blue skirt and a white blouse with lots of jewellery.
But as soon as she saw Millie, the smile was gone.

I raised an eyebrow at her, "mother." and then she smiled again.
"Harry, Darling. I missed you so much.", then she slung her arms around me and kissed my cheek.
I didn't return the hug, I was just standing there.
When she finally gave up, waiting for me to hug her back, she backed off.

"Don't you want to introduce me to your.. lovely, little lady." She said and put on a fake smile.
"Yes, that's Mandy." I shrugged.

"It's not you shithead," my mother's eyes widened in shock at Millie's language, "it's Millie. I thought you would remember after screaming it an hour ago." She rolled her eyes.
"Yes, sorry. Her name's Millie." I said in an sarcastic tone.

"Uhm, lovely. I'm Cameron. Come in, Millie." She gulped.
"Your house is fucking big and awesome, I bet you get lost everyday in it." Millie walked through the door and examined every bit of the house.
"No, it's okay once you get used to it." My mother laughed tensed.

I already knew that this would be a really funny evening. Millie was acting perfectly along with me, even though we didn't even knew what the other one was going to do.

My mother walked with us along the big corridor, with white walls and a big chandelier that hung on the ceiling that was probably more expensive than my car.

When we reached the living room, we placed ourselves on the couch.
It was a big room, with two brown leather couches, a big mahogany table in the middle and a cupboard with lots of strong and expensive alcohol in it.