38 - decisions

Millie

"This is the most stupid idea someone's ever had." David shook his head, after Harry called him and Luke over, because they were his friends and needed an explanation and so on.

Honestly, I knew Harry was terrified as fuck and he just needed his best friends over, so I gave in and let him explain everything.

I had kept my mouth shut the whole time, the whole drama only sinking in now and I was confused, scared and happy at the same time.

Like, confused to what's going to happen.
Scared, of Elliot of course.
Happy, that Harry and his friends were here.

"Why though? It seems like the only solution to this, let me kick his arse." Gina threw her hands up in frustration, this whole conversation consisting out of fighting and arguing.

Gina almost jumped Luke.

"Why can this be handled without violence?" Harry rubbed his face, letting out a tired groan. "Because, he held Millie hostage and I don't need to put details out there, but can you see her fucking bruises?" Gina pointed at the bruise on my neck, where my make up has washed off and looked at the boys sternly. After everyone nodded, their gazes on the ground, she let her tongue flick, "that's why."

I didn't really listen to their conversation, my mind racing with thoughts of what happened in my apartment right now. I could imagine him pacing around, destroying my stuff and getting angrier minute by minute.

I examined Harry's apartment and only now I noticed his dark walls, painted in an dark brown. And I could swear, those walls were coming nearer and the colour was feeling heavy on my shoulders, while I nervously played with the hem of my sweater.

"Why did you have to chose such a dark colour for your living room." I mumbled more to myself than to anyone in particular.
"What?" I felt Harry's head snapping towards me, his voice slightly annoyed with the situation.
"The colours of your wall, they're too dark." I whispered again. "Never bothered you before, did it?" He answers confused, his green eyes trained on me.

"They're just too fucking dark for gods sake." I suddenly yelled, while shooting from the couch, earning me looks from the others. I looked at each of them and then I made my way out of the living room and into Harry's bedroom. I closed the door, walked over to Harry's bed and sat myself on the edge of his mattress, pulling my knees up to my chest and hiding my face there.

I could not get a thought straight. Would I really put my friends in danger for my own safety? I could not live with the thought, if anything could ever happen to them, because of me. I would not let Harry get hurt, because I couldn't handle my psycho ex boyfriend. It was getting too much at this point and I couldn't handle it anymore. And to sit here all the time and not leave Harry's apartment wasn't a solution. I wanted this all to be finally over, to live my life happily with my boyfriend and our friends in England. I was happy, but right now, I felt as if this all would just take no fucking end.

I heard the creak of the door and then a lock, I heard his footsteps getting closer and then the mattress shifting next to me. I couldn't get myself to look up.

"I can't do this Harry." I whispered. "I can't put your life's in danger, not because of me." I felt a burning sensation in the pit of my eyes, telling me I was close to breaking down completely.

His arm sneaked around my waist and he pulled me close to his chest, his head resting on my head and his hand drawing soothing circles on my back.

"Baby, let's just go to the police and end this. Please. I don't think they will make him go back to Michigan. I think they'll keep him here and in jail. But let's end this finally. I can't bare seeing you like this anymore. You're so scared of every little noise and you're fragile and just way to sensitive. I want to see you smiling again and I'd put my own safety second to know you're safe. I love you and I will never stop supporting you, I will not leave you and I'll be here throughout this whole scenario, until it's finally ending." his calm voice spoke against my head, his warm breath fanning over my face slightly, making goosebumps rise.