36 - sneak peak

Harry

I've been a mess lately. I refused to see my friends, who were trying really hard to keep the contact, but I always snapped at them, since two days, they're not even trying anymore. Gina was the only one still messaging me, asking what happened.

I haven't slept more than two hours the day, I haven't eaten and I'm just really heart broken.

I missed her.

I missed her scent, I missed her laugh, her voice. I missed everything about her so fucking much. My heart was in a million pieces.

Right now, I'm walking home from my morning shift. I was grumpy these days and the woman in the bakery, didn't know what to do. I loved them, but I was letting my anger out on them, when they've never done anything wrong.

That's why I asked for a week off, and of course, the allowed. I was walking home, minding my business, when I saw her.

She was kneeling down in front of the little guy, she once interacted with. We had a fight back then and I tried to make it up to her. She was looking beautiful as always, even though I only saw her back.

Her blonde hair was falling down her back and the little guy hugged her tightly, his arms closed around her neck. I couldn't do anything, but staring. I was frozen on the spot.

I just wanted to go up to her and hug her. Kiss her soft lips and get my hand tangled up in her hair. I want to press her against a wall and make her feel good. I want her to moan my name and ... she turned around.

The stupid fella I was, I turned around, too and just as I was about to walk away, her voice called my name ever so softly.

"Harry." she begged and I froze again.

I closed my eyes, balled my fists and tried to breathe regularly.

And then I turned around.

She looked tired. Sad, tired and exhausted.

"Millie." my voice broke. I cleared my throat and looked at the ground. I felt her presence coming nearer and when she was standing in front of me, I finally looked up.

"You look breathtaking." she tried to smile, but I knew she lied. I let out an bitterly laugh, "I know I look like shit." and with that she chuckled, too. "I feel like shit, Millie." I pinched the bridge of my nose and pressed my lips together into a thin line.

I was trying so hard not to hug her tightly to my chest.

"Me too, Harry." She whispered and I looked up. "Than why did you have to do that? Why did you have to play with me like that?" I asked, almost crying. I was still so in love with her and it hurt me so bad to see her.

"Harry, I need to explain, please." She begged. "Please, let's go somewhere private and talk, I have not much time left, maybe half an hour, please let me explain." she pleaded, her hands taking mine. I looked down to her and only now I noticed the eye bags she had and her dry lips, she looked skinnier. She just didn't looked healthy at all.

After some thoughts, I nodded. I wanted to hear her story as well and I wanted to be in her presence. Maybe this was our last talk, so I needed that for closure.

"Let's go to mine?" I unsurely asked and she stiffened at the mention. But she shook her head slightly and exhaled. "Okay."

***

After we arrived at mine, I closed the door behind me and something in my head snapped. "Why? Why did you have to hurt me like this?" I started, but I felt like being drugged. My mind was clouded and everything was in a blur.