22 - told you so

Harry

I woke up to a cold breeze and birds chirping, coming from the window on the right sight of the bed. Usually it would be great way to wake up to, if it wasn't for my bad headache and my dry mouth. It was already day outside, so I assumed I've slept for a long time. I barely remembered anything from last night, but the things I remembered, haunted me in my sleep.

Cindy's blood covered face, the ambulance, Kelly shouting at me and Cindy's ripped clothes.

I slowly rubbed my temples and crunched my eyes together. I got out of bed, pulled my boxers on and left Millie's bedroom. She wasn't next to me in bed, but she would probably be in the kitchen or taking a shower or something like that.

"Millie.." I rasped. My voice was barely more than a whisper and my throat was kinda sore from all the crying.

No answer, though.

I slowly walked through all the rooms, but she wasn't there. When I walked into the kitchen, to get a glass of water, I smelled some burnt grease and saw a sticky note on the fridge.

'Hey sleepyhead, I had to go to college, can not miss this class. I made some breakfast, it's a bit burned bit still edible. Hope you feel better today, I'll be home at 4pm. xx'

I sheepishly smirked to myself. At some moments I felt like we were in a relationship already, because the way she acted.
Leaving cute sticky notes, being loving, funny and weird with me.

I took the already burned bacon from the pan and the toast, spread some butter over it and started eating, drinking some orange juice with it.

My mind drifted away, imagining how life could be, if things got serious between me and Millie. We could someday move in together, wake up every morning with her beside me, kissing her whenever I want and protecting her from all the bad things in the world.

I imagined how I could wake up, seeing her in the kitchen with my shirt on, which barely covered her bum, trying to make some
pancakes for breakfast. She would struggle and curse everything out. Then I would hug her from behind and wish her a good morning. I would kiss her neck and make her squirm, she would be scolding me, because she needed to concentrate. I would chuckle and place myself on the kitchen chair, waiting for her to finish breakfast.

Those were the days I was aiming for.

When I finished eating, I made the dishes and went upstairs to take a quick shower. I left Millie's door a bit open, so I could walk in again.

I only checked the clock now, when I was all
dressed up again, it was already 4.22pm and Millie would be home anytime soon.

I rushed down the stairs and walked in again, just to see Millie with a big bouquet of tulips in all colours.

"Hey.." I smiled and she jumped a little.
"You scared me." she placed a hand over her heart and chuckled. "I didn't knew you were still here, my door was open and I thought someone broke in." she rambled and I walked the short distance to her, cupped her cheek and kissed her softly on the lips. She immediately responded to it, by kissing me ever so carefully back.
"Sorry, I just went to take a shower and wanted to come downstairs again." I smiled, our lips still connected.
"What are the flowers for anyway?" I asked smirking and she playfully slapped my chest. "Not for you." she raised an eyebrow. When she saw my confused expression, her expression changed. "For the girl in the hospital. I thought we could check up on her and see if she's feeling better. I bought a 'get well soon' card, too." she thoughtfully explained. "You're coming with me?" I asked surprised and her eyes widened. "Only if you want me too, I mean.. you haven't even asked. Oh god, I'm sorry. I won't come along.." but I put my index finger on the lips to shut her pretty little mouth.