03 - confessions

Millie

He could not be fucking serious? I mean, did I make the appearance that I would care in the slightest bit about him? That I wanted to be his friend or something like that?

I thought, maybe if I wouldn't make a noise, he would disappear, but I wasn't lucky enough for that one.

"Millie, I can literally hear you thinking down there." he chuckled.

"Shut the hell up, Styles." I scolded. "It's not like I asked for your company."

I heard a soft laugh and then it was quiet.

"Sorry, but I thought it would be okay." He said.
"It's quite weird talking to you without actually looking at you, isn't it?" he stated then.

I let out an annoyed huff. "No, I actually like it better that way to be honest."

"Oh, then we can stay like that, if you can only bear with me that way." He laughed out loud and I heard the sound of an lighter clicking.

"Do you smoke?" I asked. "Yes, I actually do, why are you asking?" He shot back.
"Well, I don't know. You seem like that typical son in law and you don't look like that type of guy that would smoke, drink alcohol and stuff like that."

I heard an quiet chuckle, "yea, well there is more to me than people would think. But hey, that was the most I heard you talking. Maybe we have to stay like that, so you can actually talk to me."

I smiled. "Don't think that this could become our thing, it's just because you are up there and I can't really escape, can I?" I sat on my little wooden chair and looked at the trees in our garden that I shared with all the other tenants.

"Well, actually you could escape by just going into your flat again." He stated and he was actually right. I could just stand up and go back inside. But it was nice outside and the sky looked beautiful and maybe Harry's company wasn't so bad right now.

"Yea, I could." I whispered to myself.

"So Millie, tell me about yourself. Where are you from?" He asked after a few minutes of not speaking to each other.

I lit my second cigarette, inhaled the smoke and let it sink into my lungs, then I exhaled it and let it form weird patterns into the nightsky until it disappeard.

"Why would I tell you anything about myself Harry? I don't even know you." I answered a little pissed. I was never one to give away details about my life. People would always use a little information to get more and more. Until they've found your weak spot and used it against you as soon as they could. I only trusted a hand full of people and even they didn't know everything about my life.

I never trust 100%. It's my own unspoken rule.

"Oh, back to the old self I guess. You don't have to tell me anything, I was just curious, because it doesn't happen often that a girl from the states is moving to our little Holmes Chapel." He told me.

"Why are you thinking I'm from the states?" Was it that obvious?

"Well your accent pretty much gives it away, but I just guessed." I heard him exhaling his smoke as he spoke.

"Am I right, though?" He asked.
"Yes, I'm from the US." I answered truthfully. He wouldn't get to know more, that's everything I could give away without giving him something he could work with.

"Lovely. I guess you won't answer me why you actually came here, so how about you make up a cool lie about it?" What the hell? I Should lie about why I'm here? That made absolute no freaking sense at all. If he knew that it was a lie, why would he even be interested in that lie?

"That's bullshit Harry. I doesn't even matter so just don't ask." I was a little pissed that he was so curious about my life, so I wanted to turn tables.

"What about you? Where do your parents live?" I asked.
"Well, they live in Holmes Chapel, too. But I moved out when I was 19, right after I got that job at the bakery." He informed me.

"Why did you move out?" Now I really was curious.
"Oh, if you won't tell me then I won't tell you either lovely Millie." I could literally see him smirking.

"Fine, it's not like I really care about it." I scoffed.

I took the last drag of my cigarette and then I pressed it in the ashtray until it went out. I got up, but before I could reach the door handle I heard Harry say.

"My parents never treated me the way one should treat their own child." He sounded sad.
"They never told me I was good at anything or supported me when I wanted to try something new. They just always told me that I'm not good enough or that I'm not going to bring things to an end. So I never did. That only encouraged them to bring me further down. At one point I couldn't handle it anymore, so I applied for jobs and colleges here. And as soon as I got my first paycheck I moved out."

I expected many things, but not Harry opening up to me so soon after we introduced. He should be more careful with who to trust.

I stood in front of my patio door and thought about what Harry just told me. He seemed so confident about everything, so people would never think of him having a bad childhood. But that's life, everyone has something they carry with them throughout their whole lifes. Some peoples burdens are heavier then others, some burdens are lighter. But everyone has them, even if you have the most flawless person in front of you, everyone has their burders they carry with them.

I felt sorry for Harry, because his parents were truly heartless to a little child, but I had my own problems to cope with, so I didn't respond anything to his confession. No words could heal his scars or could make things easier for him. So I sighed, opened the door and said,

"everyone has their burdens Harry. Everyone carries weight on their shoulders.
I'm going to get some rest now, good night." and without waiting for an answer, I closed the patio door, changed into my pyjama, climbed into my bed and drifted of to sleep soon.

_________________________

Hey guys, thanks for reading :)

Please leave me an vote here, it only takes you a second and it would make my day!

Just for you information, I want to take things slow between Harry and Millie because I never liked it when authors rushed things so at chapter 12 they were like already confessing their love to each other so things will really take time. 

Short chapter I'm sorry. 

Loads of love x