07 - let down your guard

Millie

I may have done a mistake to grab that bitch by her hair and slam her on the ground, but Harry's face told me that he wanted her to go and literally pleaded that she would let go. So I just did it and fucking hell, it felt good. I've never been into a fist fight, that was the first time I actually 'punched' someone. 

And that shithead of taxi driver made me so pissed, because it really was inappropriate for him to say that we should wait until we can fuck. Like, was that really necessary? No, it fucking wasn't so I had to put him into his place and after I saw Harry smirking, it made me a bit proud, too. Don't ask me why, I don't even know. 

"We're here." The driver announced. 
"Fucking good, you won't get a single penny for making that fucking rude statement, you hear me?" I shot and raised my eyebrows. When he looked at me, he opened his mouth to protest but I interrupted, "listen you fucking piece of shit, if you want your money you should do your fucking job right, I'm not arguing with you now because my friend is having an asthma attack, but if you have anything to say, I will call your fucking boss and tell him what things you're saying to your customers, I bet he wouldn't be so happy about that, would he?" And without waiting for an answer, I grabbed Harry's arm, who was breathing loud and heavily, he literally made whistle noises when he breathed out. 

"Come on, Harry. We're here." I told him. He opened his eyes, nodded and got out of the taxi. When he stood tall, I put my arm around his waist, put my hand on his arm and tried to give him some sort of comfort. "I'm here Harry. I'll support you, you can lean on me a bit." And he did. He put his arm out of my hold, and put it around my shoulder to support him. 

We walked slowly, because Harry wasn't really in the condition to walk faster. When we reached the front door, Harry let go of me and leaned against a wall. I reached for my purse and pulled the keys out, I unlocked the door and walked to Harry again. 

"Come, we're almost there Harry." I put his arm around my shoulder again and he was now fully leaning on me. His weight almost crushed me, but he needed it right now. We walked to the elevator and we had luck, it was already there, waiting. We entered it, I pressed the button for the 3rd floor and the doors closed. A couple seconds later, a loud 'bing' resounded and we left the elevator.

"Harry, which door is it?" I asked. He mumbled something, but I understood him saying 'fourth' and I walked towards the door. Then I reached in Harrys pocket, pulled his key out and unlocked the door. We entered his apartment, which looked exactly like mine. We walked through the hall and headed straight to the couch. Harry plumped down, his eyes already closed and you could see that it hurt him to breathe. Isaac had asthma, too, so I knew what to do and how to handle situations like that. 

"Harry, where is your inhaler?" I bend down to cup his face with my hands so he would look at me and recognize I'm here with him. 

"Bedroom, nightstand." He said quietly and I ran to a door, which I knew would probably his room, because mine was there, too. 

I entered it and walked straight to the nightstand, grabbed his blue inhaler and ran back to Harry. 
I crouched down, shaked his inhaler and put it between Harry's lips, which were slightly parted. 
Then I pressed it, so the medicine could get into his lungs. Harry cooperated well, even though his condition was bad already, but he inhaled when I told him to. 

I waited a minute until I repeated it again. I knew that one time wasn't enough when he was already feeling that bad. 

Harry's breathing got better and the whistle sound stopped. 
"Are you feeling better?" I asked and he only nodded. 
"Thanks Millie." He whispered, the asthma still making it hard for him to talk. 

"No, it's okay. Don't thank me." I only smiled and got up. 
"You need anything else? Water?" I asked thoughfully and he nodded, his eyes were already open again and I saw that he felt way better. 

I walked to the kitchen, searched in the cupboards for a glass and when I finally found it, I filled water from the faucet in. 
Then I walked back, where Harry sat, already in an normal position again.
Leaning his head on the headrest, with a steady breath. 

I gave him the glass of water, he smiled weakly and took a few sips. 

When he was done, I took the glass from his hands and placed it on the living room table. 

"Normally, I don't forget it." He smiled. 
"Everyone makes mistakes. But you should really carry it with you, Harry. Your asthma is really bad." I scolded. He let out an weak laugh, "yea, you're right. Thanks again." 

I didn't know what to do, so I awkwardly patted his thigh, but he only gave me an confused and amused look, with one eyebrow raised. 

I blushed and looked away. Then I placed myself next to Harry on his couch. 

"How did you know what to do?" He asked. 
"My brother's got asthma, too. When we were little I always had to help him and as we grew older, his asthma was getting worse and worse. And since we were always together, I had to help him more, because he was embarrassed to use it in front of our friends. So he was often having attacks and I always needed to help him then." I told him. 

He nodded, "why would you be embarrassed to use it?"
I just shrugged, "I don't really know. He used to say, that asthma was for nerds. He is an dick sometimes." I smiled at the thought. 

"Do you miss him?" Harry asked, not breaking our eye contact. 
"Terribly." I admitted sadly. 

"Do you want to tell me, why you are so far away from home?" 
I avoided his gaze and looked down. 
"It's not important." I simply answered. 

"I know you don't trust me and that's okay. I just want you to know, that if you need someone to talk or just a shoulder to cry on, I'm here for you. I don't want you to feel alone here." Harry whispered. 

"It's not because of you, I hardly trust anyone." I returned. 

I liked the feeling of not being alone here anymore. Harry's was still annoying as fuck, but in moments like this, I started to let down my guard. Which I really didn't like, because this is just something I'm not doing at all. He made me feel save and like I could trust him, when in reality, I didn't. I never trusted anyone and I don't want to trust him. 

Fucking hell, I didn't even knew him more than one week maybe, how could I even think about the word trust in combination with Harry's name. 

But still, there was this little voice in my head, that told me, it wouldn't be a mistake to sometimes let down my guard. But I wouldn't listen to that voice. Everytime I actually let down my guard, I got disappointed and it broke my heart. So no, I wouldn't start trusting Harry.  

"Okay, now let's make this whole conversation a little lighter, shall we?" He laughed and interrupted my thoughts. 

I smiled and nodded. 

"The way you threw Hanna on the ground, awesome. If I would have been in the right condition, I would've laughed out loud." Harry snorted. I started to laugh, too. 
"I don't know, but I've handled girls worse then her. In Michigan you had to cope with such whores on a daily basis, but it never was physically, that was the first time." I grinned. 
"It was fucking hot." Harry breathed out. "And the way you put that cab driver in his place. Awesome. It was brilliant, I wish I could have done it myself." He laughed really loud and I was a bit scared that he would get an asthma attack again, because he already had to hold his stomach. 

"I know, he was such a fucking stupid idiot. I just wanted to shove his own dick in his mouth so he could shut the fuck up." I gritted. 

"It was so funny to watch how he didn't even said a word, he was actually scared of you." Harry grinned. 
"He better be." I shot and then it got serious, until we both errupted in an loud laughter. 

Tears were already forming in my eyes, after we recovered. 

"You are quite something special." Harry almost whispered. 
"You, too." I whispered back. 

Then Harry put an arm around my shoulder and pulled me into him, so I was leaning against him. 
I just noticed how tired I was. I let out a yawn and cuddled myself into Harry and it didn't took me long until I drifted off to sleep.