Lesson 1: Never Be On Time

Michelle sat at the bench where Mickey told her to meet an hour ago. Seriously, it was six o’clock and she had been waiting for him to come for an hour! But even though she should be mad with him being late, if he will even show up, she was actually calm and serene.

       She would’ve taken any kind of excuse to just not be home with her parents and siblings. Like always, they criticized everything that Michelle did. Even the smallest things like forgetting to put the cap back onto the toothpaste bottle. It didn’t help that the day before she not only came home in a different car, but with news that she and Logan broke up.

       “I’m not surprised that Logan would break up with you,” her mother said once Michelle announced the news. “You coming home with another guy–”

       “That’s pretty skanky, Little Sis,” her older sister, Megan, interjected, tossing her blonde hair over her shoulder.

       All Richmond girls shared the same looks. The only difference being the hair color that Michelle wore and that her sister and mom wore. Michelle was a light haired brunette while they were both dirty blondes. Each were petite; a five foot five with a few curves on the breasts and hips, nothing drastic. If anything, Michelle was the tallest with the bigger, more beautiful curves.

       “But–”

       Her father cut Michelle off by saying, “You should’ve be more exciting. I’m half-asleep now from you running your yap.”

       It was then that she bit her lower lip and nodded. She murmured a good night and disappeared upstairs into her bedroom for the rest of the night and morning. She ended up silently crying herself to sleep; she even woke up crying. Michelle didn’t bother telling a soul where she was going when she snuck out at four forty eight and now, she was here waiting for her new teacher and fake boyfriend.

       It was very peaceful, to be honest, and she was going to take advantage of that peace while it lasted.

       “Tell me you just came here.”

       She turned her head and watched as Mickey Varsity walked towards her. He looked absolutely sexy in unbuttoned, red and black plaid shirt with a white wifebeater underneath and a pair of dark-washed, skinny jeans that hugged his bottom perfectly. His dark, honey hair was mainly hidden underneath a black beanie, a bundle of hair poking out in the front.

       “Uh, no. I was here for about an hour,” Michelle replied. Her fingers caught a few strands of hair and began twirling them.

       He rolled his eyes and slipped next to her on the bench, asking, “Seriously?”

       “Seriously.” She stiffened at the touch of his arm slipping around her shoulder and pulling her against his side. “Do you... have to touch me?” she asked as he buried his nose into her hair and she felt his nose bumping against her ear.

       “You are my girlfriend,” he murmured in response, wrapping an arm around her waist.

       “Fake girlfriend,” she clarified and placed her hands on his chest. She tried ignoring the feel of his muscles underneath the shirt. She pushed away so she was out of his arms. “Now, are you going to teach me something about being bad?”

       “Fine,” Mickey responded and rose to his feet.

       Arching an eyebrow, Michelle asked, “Where are you going?”

       In a swift motion, he caught her hand and hauled her to her feet. “C’mon. I want to grab some dinner,” he announced, his hand swung down and smacked her butt, making her jolt in surprise. “I’ll give you your first lesson in the car.”