Lesson 22: Stand Up

Rolling her eyes, Michelle walked down the halls with her two “bodyguards” towards social studies class. The urge to punch the twins was strong, but she fought the urge since she already punched them five times throughout the day.

       The moment the Malone brothers discovered Michelle’s new boyfriend, they went crazy. They purposely did their best to keep the new couple away from each other, neither liking the idea of their innocent Michelle dating the Mickey Varsity. So, there they were now– Michelle walking slightly in front of the boys that decided to quickly leave from lunch to change into black suits and shades to resemble actual bodyguards.

       Fortunately, their absence allowed Michelle and Mickey time alone to make out.

       Her lips twitched for a dark, but light smile at that thought about today’s lunch that ended barely five minutes ago. When Trevor and Tyler returned, they instantly found Mickey and Michelle, quickly pulled her away, and scolded her until Tami smacked their heads, claiming that they never had such a problem before. Each friend knew what secret they were sadly keeping from Tami, so Trevor lied that they found it disgusting to watch the two make out.

       At least I have social studies with Mickey, Michelle thought gleefully as she entered the classroom. To her surprise, instead of finding Logan sitting at the seat behind hers, Mickey sat there instead, texting on his phone. She didn’t waste time to ditch Tyler, seeing as Trevor wasn’t in their history class, and walk over to her seat.

       The moment she sat down, Mickey’s head snapped up and he grinned at her. “Hey, Angel,” he greeted, leaning towards her as indication for a kiss.

       Michelle was more than happy to give him one. She giggled and pressed her lips against his quickly. She pulled away, not that crazy about PDA in school, especially in a class with her ex-boyfriend. “Hey,” she greeted, slightly smirking.

       “How’s your bodyguards?” Mickey asked playfully, placing his phone on the desk, near his chest. He had no pockets since all he was wearing were sweats and a plain tee, much to Michelle’s dislike since it was getting colder. She couldn’t even take off her sweater at all during this time of the year.

       “Annoying,” she answered, looking over at where Tyler sat.

       He must’ve heard her reply, because Tyler looked over and shot her a grin before he turned towards a girl beside him and chatted with her.

       Michelle turned her head back towards Mickey, only to be taken by surprise when their lips met. She pulled her head away, blushing furiously. “What was that for her?” she murmured bashfully, tucking hair behind her ear.

       “You’re so cute when you get flustered like that.”

       Her blush deepened. “Shut up!”

       “Hey!”

       The couple looked up from each other to Logan O’Connors standing there, eyes narrowed at Mickey.

       Feeling nervous and surprised, Michelle bit down on her bottom lip. Her hands folded on her lap and eyes diverted elsewhere. This was the first time she wasn’t hanging around with Mickey just to get to Logan– no. She was now dating Mickey, not wanting him anymore. Michelle felt like she was betraying him and the love they had.

       Mickey, on the other hand, seemed happy to see Michelle’s ex. “What’s up, O’Connors?” he greeted cheerfully, smirking like a demon.

       “You’re in my seat,” Logan declared, narrowing his eyes even more.

       “Actually, this is my seat now,” Mickey stated with a deep, dark chuckle. “I talked to Mr. Russell and he seemed to be more than fine with me sitting here.”