Lesson 2: First Names Are So Overrated

Michelle sighed in content as she crept out of her house. She quietly closed the front door behind her and locked it. She looked up at the skies filled with pink and yellow colored clouds. She smiled to herself as she walked down the pathway towards her car that was shared with her other siblings. She tugged down her black and white, strapless tail dress.

       “Where do you think you’re going?”

       Her head snapped to the owner of the voice and her blue orbs widened in surprise at the sight of Mickey leaning against his car. “What are you doing here?” she asked, tossing her keys into her large, black bag that she bought on sale. Seeing as Mickey’s BMW was parked in front of the driveway, blocking her car, she had a strong feeling that she wasn’t going to be driving her own car to school.

       “Driving my girlfriend to school,” he answered nonchalantly, pushing himself off the car, walking over to her.

       Her eyes couldn’t help to wander down his extremely sexy body. His torso was clothed with a striped polo shirt, a black shirt underneath, and a black leather jacket on top. His bottom half was clothed by another pair of dark-washed, skinny jeans. Usually, you’d think that skinny jeans didn’t look good on guys, but it looked amazing on Mickey.

       “Like what you see?” Mickey asked teasingly, stopping in front of her. He leaned down and his soft lips grazed upon the skin on her cheek, causing a burning sensation to appear as she blushed. “You look beautiful, Richmond.”

       And that cutesy moment was ruined. She rolled her eyes at his use of her last name and walked around him, saying, “I have a name.”

       “Lesson two, first names are so overrated,” he stated, slipping an arm around her shoulder. He opened her car door and literally shoved her into the passenger’s seat. Mickey ducked down to her height and said, “Bad people prefers calling others by nicknames.”

       “What’s your nickname?” Michelle asked curiously, but the response to that question was a door slam to her face. Her eyes followed him as he jogged around the car to the driver’s side, but then she peeled her eyes when he got inside and looked around for something in his car. Her eyes landed on the visor overhead and she opened it. She made sure that her light coating of makeup and hair was fine. She decided, for the first day of school, to curl her brown locks and pull it into a cute side-ponytail. Her makeup was like how she usually does it, just a light coating of the natural makeup. Though she did put on a little bit of smoky eyeshadow.

       “Mickey.”

       She looked over at him in confusion. “What?” she inquired, raising an eyebrow.

       “My nickname is Mickey,” he stated, starting up his car and pulling away from her house. “It’s not my actual name, you know.”

       Her eyes widened and she immediately responded, “Really? I never knew that.” Her eyebrows knitted together in confusion. “What’s your actual name then?”

       He tapped the tip of his nose as an answered, much to Michelle’s dislike. “You’re my fake girlfriend. You don’t need to know anything about me,” he pointed out.

       She rolled her eyes. “It’s just pure curiosity.”

       “Which is something that will get you killed,” he muttered under his breath, but she heard him and raised an eyebrow, not saying anything to respond.

       The rest of the car ride was filled with silence until they rolled into the student’s parking lot of the school.

       “Well, thanks for the drive,” Michelle said, offering Mickey a small smile. She couldn’t stop thinking of what his actual name could be. “I’ll see you later, I’m guessing.”