Lesson 5: Only Parties With Alcohol

Since she had no idea how to break it to him that she didn’t want to do this anymore, Michelle just decided that avoiding Mickey as much as possible was a brilliant idea. They did have classes together in school, but Mickey usually skipped out on classes.

       Though he must’ve been aware of her plan in avoiding him, because he actually made the effort to go to class.

       “Hey, Michelle!”

       She snapped her head to the owner of the voice as one of her hands was gripping her locker door and the other one was grabbing books. “Oh, hey, Kylie,” she greeted, offering the short ginger a smile. She dropped the locker door to help her other hand pull out a heavy textbook. “Haven’t seen you in awhile.”

       “I know, right? The last time I saw you... Oh! It was like at McDonald’s and you were with Mickey Varsity,” Kylie responded bubbly as always.

       Michelle’s smile became forced as she nodded. “Yeah, I guess.”

       “So, like, how are the two of you? Honestly, you two are such a cute like pair!” she squealed like a little schoolgirl. “I mean, are you guys like official? Like everyone sees you two together, making out and stuff, but like no one knows what–”

       “It’s complicated,” Michelle interjected, not wanting to hear anything about Mickey anymore. She paused when she saw Kylie’s confused look and sighed, looking at her locker then back at her friend. “We’re a couple.”

       Like that, Kylie’s face lit up like a Christmas tree. “Really?” she squealed, now bouncing. “I’m so happy for you! I mean, I know you and Logan just... you know... broke up, but it’s great to see you not down eating ice cream.”

        Thankfully, I don’t hang out with her on weekends, Michelle thought to herself as she nodded. “Yeah, I guess so.” There was an awkward silence between the girls and she asked, “So, was there anything you needed?”

       Kylie’s green eyes widened and she rapidly nodded her head. “Oh, yeah! I almost forgot– There’s a party at Briar’s house tonight. I was meaning to invite you a week again, but I forgot... But hey, you can bring Mickey?” Redness filled her cheeks and Michelle restrained from rolling her eyes.

       Was she surprised about Kylie forgetting? No.

       “I don’t–”

       An arm suddenly snaked around Michelle’s waist, making her jolt in surprise, and was pulled against a side of a body. Her books were taken out of her hand and a head rested on top of hers. “We’ll go,” Mickey’s bittersweet voice answered. “Thanks. Kylie, right?”

       The ginger’s face heated up and her eyes widened even more. “R-Right,” she stammered then looked over at her friend. “S-See ya tonight then!” She spun on her heel and dashed off, leaving the couple behind.

       “I was actually going to say no,” Michelle stated, shrugging off his arm. She closed her locker and reached out to snatch her books back, but Mickey held them away from her.

       “Aw, but I already said yes, Buttercup! It will break that poor girl’s heart if you back out on her and your boyfriend,” he responded mockingly, pouting.

       She glared at him as she pressed her chest against his, trying to grab hers books back. “Mickey, give me back my books!” she hissed. “I’m going to be late for class!”

       “But I like the position we’re in.”

       She stopped trying to grab the books to analyze the “position” they were in. Their bodies were up against each other’s, their faces just centimeters apart, and Michelle didn’t seem to realize that Mickey backed her up against the lockers, so she was pretty much a sandwich. “Mickey, we’re fake dating,” she said in a low, hush-hush voice. “It seems like I’m constantly reminding you that.”