Lesson 19: Threats Never Gets Old

“God! Is this seriously yours to keep?” Tami inquired, unable to take her hands off of the light salmon colored dress that was lying on Michelle’s bed. “I think I should try dating a Varsity…”

       Michelle rolled her eyes at her friend and shook her head. “I didn’t even want the dress,” she chimed. “I mean it is breathtaking and all, but it just costs too much.” There was another reason she didn’t want the dress, but the last thing she wanted to do was to tell anyone about it.

       Tami shot her a disbelief look. “You’re joking me, right? I’d kill for this dress.”

       “Remind me to stay away from you for the next few nights,” she joked, cracking a smile.

       “C’mon, Michie! You and I both know you usually don’t lack enthusiasm when it came to sexy-ass dresses!” her friend exclaimed, her eyes narrowing. “What happened? Is Mickey being bad to you again? I swear, that boy has no clue how to deal with a girl.”

       Michelle waved a dismissive hand. “Don’t chu worry ‘bout me,” she responded. “Mickey’s just fine… All you should be worrying about is Ronnie.” Her eyebrows wiggled at her blue haired friend suggestively.

       Tami’s face turned red, but it wasn’t from embarrassment. “Oh, god! Don’t bring up that!” she exclaimed, throwing herself onto Michelle’s back, laying on her back. She covered her face with her hands. “He’s like a frickin’ stalker, or somethin’. I have no idea where he got my phone number from and he’s always blowing up my phone! Do you know how many times my phone froze, because of him?”

       “I’m guessing you don’t like him.”

       “I don’t!” she exclaimed, sitting up. “I honestly don’t and I won’t. He needs to find another damn girl to harass, because he’s wasted his stupid time!”

       Michelle chuckled. “I don’t know. I’ve never seen Ronnie so excited about someone,” she claimed. “And I don’t mean in the perverted way.”

       “You never do,” Tami muttered with an eye roll. She shook her head and suddenly grinned. “So, what’re you gonna do to your hair and makeup?”

       “Nothing special. Just gonna curl my hair a bit and add some mascara and lip gloss. The dress will already make me look fabulous enough.” Michelle was now toying with Tami, saying the things her friend wanted to hear so it won’t somehow end up with her divulging in her big secret.

       It seemed to work when the grin blossomed wider than before on Tami’s face. “Let’s get crackin’ then!”

 *

Mickey stuffed his hands into his pockets as he waited outside of Michelle’s house, rocking on the balls of his feet. The last thing he wanted to do was to go up to the front door and knock, especially after hearing the yelling coming from the Richmond parents.

       He grimaced to himself. How does Michelle keep her sweet innocence in this household?

       The thought of Michelle caused the grimace to quickly disappear. Mickey had absolutely no clue as to what dress that girl would be wearing tonight. It excited him– made him anxious to see what his mother chose to compliment Michelle’s beauty. He mentally snorted. What’s wrong with him? Mickey’s turning into a creepy, romantic dude that’ll most likely not end up getting the girl he wanted. And yet another grimace decided to appear on his face. Way to boost your self-esteem, self!

       The front door suddenly opened and quickly stepped out a certain beauty before she scurried towards his car, stopping just a foot away from him.