Lesson 4: No Pain, No Gain

It was practically a week without any signs of Mickey. Meaning that it was a week without any lessons and the progress of trying to get her man back was not going anywhere.

       Michelle slumped down on her bed, squeezing her eyes shut. The school work slowly began piling up on her, especially with her college classes she was taking for her senior year. She needed an essay done for both her English and social studies classes on her summer reading, which she has yet to type up and hand in.

       Maybe, she could get a jump at it right now–

       The sound of knocking suddenly filled her ears and she grumbled, "What? Who is it?"

       "Uh, Mich? Mickey Varsity is at our front door, asking for you," Megan stated awkwardly with a bit of fear on the other side of the door. The door knob jiggled a bit, but there was no way she could get inside since Michelle locked the room.

       With a sigh, she picked herself up from the bed. So much for wanting to do essays. Snatching her phone and a few bucks, Michelle walked over to the door and unlocked it. "Thanks for telling him that I'm here," she mumbled to her sister in a monotone voice, but despite her attitude, she was inwardly relieved that Mickey was there.

       The lessons could start again!

       She walked down the stairs and instantly spotted the breathtaking figure leaning against the front door's doorframe with his arms folded over his chest. He wore a sleeveless, black shirt and a pair of gray sweatpants that hung loosely on his waist, showing a bit of the top part of his boxers. He wore his usual, black beanie to hide most of his hair. God, he has bulging muscles! she mentally commented, jumping on the bottom floor.

       That was when she noticed her parents standing in the hallway, holding each other, as they attempted to cower away from Mickey. She bit her lower lip to prevent any laughter from leaving her lips. "Hey, Mickey," Michelle greeted, looking over at the guy, noticing his amber eyes trailing up and down her body.

       "You hungry?" he asked her as a greeting, pushing himself off the doorframe. "I'm about to meet Ronnie at that small diner nearby. I thought you'd want something to eat."

       "Uh, Michelle," her mother suddenly said and Michelle looked over at her. "Don't you, uh, have school work todo?"

       "Nothing that can't wait for a bit," she answered with a shrug, walking over to the front door. "I'll be back later. I have my phone on me." Before her parents could respond, she pushed Mickey out of the house and closed the door behind herself.

       Mickey's throat released a 'hmm' noise as he looked over at Michelle.

       Her eyebrows furrowed together in confusion. "What?" she asked.

       "You look very cute," he commented, his hand lowering to the hem of her racerback tank. He caught the fabric and toyed with it. "But it's no surprise. You are my girlfriend. I don't date ugly chicks."

       Correcting him, she slapped his hand away, "You mean fake girlfriend."

       "Yeah, yeah," he dismissed with the wave of a hand. He left her side to walk around the car to the driver's side.

       Michelle didn't expect him to open her passenger's door like the gentleman he wasn't and shrugged it off. Logan used to act like a gentleman, she thought grumpily as she opened the door and slipped inside. "You said Ronnie will be there?" she inquired, chewing the inside of her cheek.

       "Yeah. He will," Mickey answered, starting his car and pulling away from the Richmond's residence. "Oh, yeah. He taught you a lesson, didn't he?"