Lesson 17: Kiss Like You Have Just #1Nite

Michelle yawned and took a seat on her bed, allowing her legs to dangle over the floor. She knew that the annual Halloween party, located at the twin’s house this time, was starting to barely an hour, but she didn’t feel like going. She was dead tired from running across the building almost every time something very painful slammed against her back, which didn’t happen that often, but often enough.

       She began to lay herself down when remembering about her back. She shifted so that she landed on her side as she brought her nicely fluffed pillow under her head and over her right arm. Those blue orbs slowly opened and closed, each time her eyes feeling heavier than the last. Sleep was just about to engulf Michelle in a big, warm hug when–

       Knock. Knock.

       The sound of tapping on her window woke her up and her eyes reopened to its regular size. A yawn left her lips as she pushed herself up, listening to the knocks as they got louder.

       Michelle’s eyes grew, all sleep that was in her body disappearing. The only thing she could hear was the knocking on glass and not her parents fight– She dashed to the window, not hesitating in throwing open the curtain then the window. “Just get in,” she demanded, not realizing who she was talking to until a bundle of honey brown hair popped through her window before the rest of the body came through, followed by someone else’s body.

       “Wait… What are you two doing here?” Michelle asked curiously, tilting her head to the side at the sight of Mickey and Ronnie. More like at the sight of Mickey holding Ronnie up, his arms encircling his torso, while Ronnie looked weak from his wobbling legs. “Uh, what’s wrong with Ronnie?” she then asked. Something wasn’t just right with Ronnie and she couldn’t place a finger on it.

       “Minnie?” the odd boy inquired, his eyebrows rising up on his forehead. “What are yew doin’ here?” He waved a frantic hand in her direction. “Why? Yew.”

       Michelle bit her lower lip, preventing herself from bursting into laughter. Ronnie is, in fact, wasted. “You’re in my house, Ron,” she pointed out, an amused grin breaking out on her lips. “Why is he drunk, Mickey?”

       “Because he’s an idiot.”

       She wasn’t at all surprised by the response, so she just rolled her eyes. “Yeah, yeah.”

       “Oh, bed!” Ronnie suddenly cried and yanked himself out of Mickey’s hold, launching himself onto Michelle’s bed.

       She frowned at the figure then rolled her eyes and looked over at Mickey, her eyes narrowing in curiosity. “So, what are you guys doing here?” Michelle asked quietly, unsure of whether her parents were home or not. She was hoping for the latter.

       “Well, I’ve been babysitting this,” Mickey pointed at his friend spazzing out on the bed, “since first period this morning. He seems to be a booze magnet.” He looked back at her and gave a small shrug. “I don’t know. I guess, I just came here for the hell of it.”

       She chuckled and walked over to him, watching him as he intently watched her every movement. “Well, I have no clue where my parents are,” she stated. “So, I guess, I don’t mind having a drunk Ronnie and his babysitter here.”

       “Oh, I feel the love.”

       Michelle smiled and looked back at Ronnie as he continued to spaz around on her bed. She then realized that he was spazzing around, because he was like a turtle on his back, struggling to sit up, when in reality, he could just roll off the–