Lesson 25: Need Help? Get It

Marched right into school with the idea to come and straighten out things with Michelle, because no one could mess with Mickey Varsity like that, or at least no girl could. But something like this was far from expected when witnessing it, not first handedly on the action, from a phone call.

 *

Michelle practically dragged herself into school, gauze wrapped around her wrist and hand. It wouldn’t have been too noticeable if she wasn’t wearing black leather, but fortunately, no one bothered to go up to her and ask.

       “Hey, babe.”

       She glanced over to the side and saw Logan standing there, at his locker. Knowing better than just giving a mere greeting and continuing to walk towards her locker, she walked right over. “Hey,” Michelle replied as her boyfriend leaned in and kissed her gently.

       At times, Logan would attempt deepening the kiss to try experiencing the hot makeout sessions Michelle had with Mickey. He would attempt acting a bit rough, grabbing her waist unexpectedly and kissing her. But each attempt came with failure, the knowledge of the “old” Michelle being back, but in sexier clothes.

       For this morning, though, Logan didn’t attempt swooning Michelle like bad boys would or that was how she saw the comparison as being.

       He pulled away and propped himself up against his locker, crossing his arms. “What happened to your wrist?” Logan asked curiously, gently taking her bandaged hand and raising it to get a better look.

       “Just a little sprain,” she murmured in a half-lie. Her wrist was sprained a little, but that wasn’t the reason for the bandage. Why in the world would she allow a large, nasty bruise on her wrist be shown to a school of stupid, gossiping teenagers? With the bruise fading away on her cheek, the last thing she wanted was attention on her wrist.

       Though, by wearing the gauze, it definitely gained some attention.

       When Logan sent her a look to continue explaining, she plastered a fake smile and lied soothingly, also leaning against the locker, "I was helping Megan carry out things, but when I picked up one of the boxes, I didn't realize it was so heavy and slightly, uh, sprained it. Nothing too crazy to worry about." At the sight of the disbelieving look, Michelle but her lower lip and ran her unwounded hand up his chest. "What? You don't believe me?" she inquired, purposely sounding hurt.

       His orbs of gray widened at the sudden emotion Michelle was showing towards him. And that emotion was seduction– something Logan liked greatly, much to her knowledge. He placed his hand over hers and smirked down at her, telling her that it was working. “I do believe you, Michy,” he murmured quietly, tilting his head towards her. He gave her a soft and loving kiss, but it quickly turned into something more.

       Or at least it was meant to turn into something more.

       Michelle pulled her lips away at the sound of the bell, mentally grimacing at the knowledge of her officially being late to class. “I need to get my books,” she said weakly.

       A hard look was on Logan’s face for a moment, but disappeared quickly. He nodded. “Yeah, okay. I’ll see you later then,” he replied, pulled Michelle and himself off his locker to close it, and walked away.

       Staring helplessly at his back, she bit her inside lip. She really needed to get over herself, because there was no more Mickey! No more! Absolutely gone… He was just a vague memory now, never to return with those delicious kisses. Michelle had to get used to being back with Logan, because they– a fleeting smile appeared on her lips– were going to get married once high school was over. Things aren’t always what you wanted.