Sad Truths

Angel woke early in the morning. He looked to the sleeping fox in his arms and held her for hours. He was trying to understand why Abby made him feel the way he did. That's when he remebered his promise to Vivica. He needed to go, but he didn't want to leave without telling Abby, but at the same time, he didn't want to wake her. He wanted to hold her to him. Conflicted he decided to wait for her to wake up.
           Close to ten, the small fox finally began to woke up. She nuzzled her face into his chest and whimper a bit as she slowly opened her eyes. She looked up at the male and felt shy.
            "I'm sorry... for last night...." Abby said softly. Her eyes tearing up a bit. "I..." She stopped as she moved her hands from around him to his chest.
                "It's okay, Abby." Angel tried to say warmly but Abby looked up at him making him go silent for a moment. Her eyes said she needed to tell him something.
           "Before I died and came here.... I had a lover." Abby said feeling weak as more tears ran down her face. "She was a beautiful girl who always helped others. God, she was perfect. She knew just how to make me smile even in the worst moments of my life." She smiled as she closed her eyes and saw Madison's face in her mind. "We met in such an odd way. I was having horrible aches in my back and shoulders which got in the way of my work. I ignored it but it kept getting worse. One day during a concert it got so bad I ended up clasping from chair and breaking my violin. A member of the audience ran on stage and asked me what was wrong. When I told her about the pain she pulled out a bottle and squeezed it into her hands and began to massage my back and shoulders while the boss called the ambulance. The girl stayed by me till they arrived. The next day she came to visit me in the hospital. It seemed I had damaged a my muscles somehow And by ignoring it, made it worse.  Because she made me stay still and she used the contense in the bottle to relax my back, I didn't need any surgery." Abby smiled. "They wanted me to stay with someone but I lived alone, so Madison said she would look after me. After living together for a week, we ended up falling in love." She chuckled sadly. "She... she went to the store one day and never came back. I found out later that she was kidnapped and by the time they found her..." Abby's voice cracked as she began to cry.  Angel was about tell her she didnt need to say more but she spoke up before he could get the words ofrom his tight throat. "She was at the side of a back road in our town. They found her naked, beaten to the point of barely being reconisable. There... there was signs that she was-!" Abby buried her face in Angel's chest as she cried. "I couldn't save her! I let her down! I saw her lifeless body and I fell in such a darkness. A cop tried to help me catch the guys, but they couldn't get close to them. One of the boys suspected of doing that to my Maddie was the mayors son and his father wasn't going to allow it. He bribed the cops to drop the case! The officer helping me was trying to get his boss to let him bring justice to those bastards, but he wouldn't allow it! In the end there was nothing they could do..."
           Angel watched her in shock. He had no words. Anything he wanted to say or ask got caught in his throat. All he could do was listen to the poor fox.
         "I couldn't let them get away with what they did.... so... I track the bastards down, got inside, drugged their drinks and made them pay for what they did to her. I gave them hell but they diserve worse. When I finished the last one, the cops showed up. I don't know why, but my guess was a noise complaint." She sniffled. "I was still so mad when I saw the cop. They did nothing to help Maddie. They were going to let those sick bastards go... now they caught me at a murder scene with a weapon. I knew I would get the death penalty. I wasn't going to let them do it. If I was going to die, I was going to die there in the filth where I belonged. So.... i ran at the cop acting as if I was going to kill him, when he showed up. The officer that tried to help me before pulled out his gun and shot me to save his partner. I was okay knowing I was dieing. As I fell back I saw her crying and reaching out to me but I couldn't reach her. I knew I may never see her face again but someone needed to stop those fucking asshole from hurting anyone else." She sniffled as she looked at Angel. "I was okay with whatever happened to me after it was done, but I never forgave myself for not being able to save her..." She said softly. "Last night I dreamed of the day she went missing... it still messes me up pretty bad... I didn't mean worry you. Also I'm sorry I used you to seek comfort. I was afraid if I was alone I would see her broken body again." She whimpered as she cried.
            Angel held the small fox tightly to him as he too silently cried. This poor small thing suffered more than she should have. He didn't blame her for snapping the way she did. He would have too if someone did that to him.
               "Shhhhh. It's okay." Angel said softly. "You're not alone anymore." He whispered trying to comfort the broken fox. "I'm here now. I won't let you suffer like that ever again. I promise." He said as he held her. How was he supposed to leave her know? Suddenly hey heard a ringing.
               "I think someone is calling you." She sniffled. "I bet it's important."
                "It can wait." Angel said softly.
                "No, it's fine." The fennec said as she looked at Angel and forced a weak smiled. "I need to continue job searching today." She said as she slipped away from him and stood up from the bed. "You go and do what you need." She said softly. "Thanks for listening to my whinning. Sometimes... sometimes it helps to talk to someone about what happened." She said as she walked into her bathroom.
             Angel sat up and watched her disappear into the other room. He sighed as he got up and walked to grab his phone from the livinroom. He opened his phone in a very pissed off manner and he answered. "What the FUCK do you want?!" He hissed as he sat down on the couch. "Fuck, sorry Viv. Had a bit of a rough night. I didn't mean to snap at you." He said as he pulled out a baggie of pills and put them in his hand. "Yeah, I know I'm late. I ended up staying at my friends house. I'll be there soon." He said as he threw the pills in his mouth and swallowed them before pulling out his flask. "Ten, twenty minutes tops. I promise. Yeah. See you soon." Then he hung up. He chugged the last of the vodka in his flask before he went to the bathroom door and listened to Abby taking a shower. He could hear her singing and crying at the same time. His heart sank. He didn't want to leave  her like this but he had to. "Hey, Abby. I have to go, but if you need me to talk or come over just call me okay? I promise I'll be here." He said softly.
            "Thank you, Angel." She sniffled. "Be careful getting home, okay?"
            Angel could hear her worry in her voice. "When I get home I'll call you alright? See you later." He said softly as he got his stuff and left the appartment. He paused outside the building and looked back up to her window for a moment before he sighed and walked back home. Along the way he stopped by some dealers he knew and got some drugs.  He needed them more than ever today. By the time he got to his base he was beyond trashed.
            Arackniss  opened the door to have his brother fall on him. He was panicked at how bad off his brother was. He growled as he took his brother to the car. "What the Fuck did you do Angel?!" He spat as he began to drive his brother to the hospital. As his brother was taken by the nurses to critical care Arackniss figured he was owed some answers. He told the doctors to call him when his brother woke up before he left to see the last person Angel was with.
               Abby got out of the shower and began to dry herself off.  She grabbed the bandanna Angel bought her and smiled as she tied it on herself. She made and ate breakfast and cleaned up before she began to get her things. As she opened the door to see Arackniss standing at her door.
          "Miss Abby." He greeted as his eyes looked at her curiously.
           "Hello, Arackniss." Obviously didn't know what was going on. Her expression was beyond confused. "Are you looking for Angel?" She spoke quietly. "He left a little bit ago."
             So he had to have done that to himself after he left her house. The black spider looked the fox in the eyes to make sure she wasn't lying. To his surprise, she wasn't.
             "Should I call him for-"
            "Come with me." Arachnid demanded quietly as he began to walk. Abby was about to say something but she just did as she was told and followed the black spider silently out of the bulding to the car and sat down feeling a bit akward. He kept silent as he started the car and began to drive.
       "Um.... is something wrong?" Abby asked worriedly.
       "Yes." Arackniss  said as he kept driving. "I need you to stay away from Angel." He said as he kept his eyes on the road.
        "What?! Why?!" She asked on a surprised tone.
        "What happened last night?" Arackniss asked her without even giving her an glance.
          "Last night?"
         "Yes! Last fucking night!" The black spider yelled making Abby jump in her seat and scooted closer to the door. He noticed and sighed. "Sorry... but please tell me everything that happened with you two." He said as he pulled up to a nice flowershop. He looked her in the eyes as he turned off the car. She sighed and told him everything. He nodded as he closed his eyes and leaned back.
           "Arackniss ... what happened to Angel?" The fennec asked feeling even more worried than before.
           "Angel came home in bad shape. He had to be taken to the hospital." He sighed as he leaned back in his seat. "He overdosed on who knows what. I had hoped he would break his drug habit if he was with you, but it seems I was wrong." He said softly. "Angel doesn't know it yet, but he loves you. He hasn't felt real love for someone in such a long time, I bet it felt miserable, especially since the one he loves is in such pain." He said as he looked at her. She was silently crying shocked at what she had heard. "I take it by your reaction that you feel the same for him." He sighed. "Which will make this that much harder on you. I need you to lose all contact with him. He won't let you go but if you diappear, then he will in time." He said softly. "If you stay, it could end up killing him the next time he goes on one of these depression fits. I will help you move, get a job, and get your new life started. I'll even pay your first months rent at your new place, but forget my brother."
            "I can't..." She said softly. "I could never forget him, but for his sake, if you really think it's for his best interest, I will disappear from him." She said quietly.
            "Thank you, Miss Abby." He said softly as Arackniss started the car. "Don't tell anyone where you're going. I'll personally get your stuff and-"
           "No." She said softly. "I can't take it... but i would like to see it one last time."
            Arackniss nodded as he started the car and began to drive. Once at her place he walked with her to her appartment. She walked inside and went to the bed and fixed it neatly before she froze. She untied her bandanna and folded it neatly before laying it on the bed. She wiped her tears from her face as she leaned down and kissed it softly. He watched her and felt a pull of guilt. It was horrible but it was best for his brother. He watched as Abby turned and walked over to him.
               "I'm ready." She said as she held the appartment key in her hands. "Let me return the key and I'll go anywhere you choose." She muttered quietly.